Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

wtb small handgun for my wife

4K views 31 replies 20 participants last post by  Jiveturkey3 
#1 ·
Just looking for a cheap a small handgun for my wife to 22 or 25 no bigger @what stay under 200 dollars 734-770-6493 would like pictures text or posted on the gun needs to work properly

#10 ·
this will be for personal protection I just wanted her to be comfortable to keep it in her purse or in her hoster do you think 25 is to small she's changing hours at her job so be working to 1:30am in the morning I just don't feel comfortable with her being out at them hours with no protection she still has to take her CCW test in training course but I want to get her done for to find out if she's comfortable with shoot a bit before I was hundreds of dollars on the course

#12 ·
Get a Charter Arms .357 ( just start her out, loading it with good 38 special ammo) or a Charter Arms 38 special revolver, to start with. They are light weight (about 24 oz.), concealable and you can buy them new for a pretty cheap price -$300. For $300 you get a decent quality, reliable, American made handgun. Regards, Steve

#13 ·
The the OP, fwiw, my wife shoot my .40 cal way better, easier, more accurately than my 9mm. It's all about the gun. Take her to a range, rent a few different ones, and see what works best for her.

A gun is worthless if you can't hit shit.

#15 ·
I did not know that you can rent 1 well that's what I'll be doing for the next few days if I know what the hell she wants she likes the 30 cal Smith and Wesson Pro Miley with pink grips but I will let her shoot a couple ever goes to find out what she's comfortable with thanks for the info

#21 ·
My grandma(71yrs old) shoots a 9mm just fine, ammo is cheaper than .380, she is 5'4" 140lbs, my friends son and.daughter shoot.his 9mm with us, do.som research, Michigan is an open carry state which means if she puts it.on her hip in a holster not covered by a.shirt so it has to.be.in plain.view she does.not.need a ccw, i would.rather.my wife draw from the hip than.in a.purse where the gun could get snagged, low cal. Guns can.be more dangerous in some.situations as well, if u decide to.go with a revolver which wouldn't.be.a.bad.option (.38) get a hammerless one to prevent.snags in case.of a quick.need to draw for self defense or whatever.reason, make sure your wife is well trained.with her weapon, especially right now.either all obamas.bullshit, sorry about. All the periods( stupid phone) but i think 9mm or .38/.380 would.be.fine for her people.say oh its.not.big enough but.most attackers will either flee from a gun.being.fired at them or atleast think twice if.they take a bullet or 2, you as well as.your wife probably know in a situation it can.be kill or.be.killed but defiantly get her.into a class so she.knows.her.rights and.the laws, just.my 2 cents

#22 ·
Also most self defense shootings are at pretty close range(statistics show something like 10'), find a nice mom and pop shop where they will sell u what u want not try to sell u something bigger or more expensive, i do local business when i can instead of the big box stores, usually better service, sometimes better prices and it helps.out the people.who need it, trust me gander mtn isn't.hurting.for money. Best.of.luck with whatever u decide and let us know and please don't.skimp to.much on the.price get a good.quality gun, its worth it in the.long run and remember this.is your wife's life, gowns.much is. That worth to.u, wouldn't want a cheap gun to.malfunction in a situation, read reviews talk to gun owners talk.to salesmen it.doesn't mean u have to.buy what theyre sellin but u can.get advice.for.free.from.them

#27 ·
As numerous others have stated, take her shooting and see what fits her. A friend of mines wife is tiny....yet she can easily and efficiently shoot a small frame .357 mag or a 12ga or most anything else you give her. It is less about the gun and more about the individual.....i love my XDs (very small .45) and do not consider it unpleasant to shoot but my buddy can't get 3 rounds out of it before he has had enough.

Go spend a day at the range/store shooting/checking out various guns and go from there.

#32 ·
I have just picked up a m&p shield in .40. There are zero differences between the .40 and 9. I live it. It has basicly replaced my xd .40c for everyday. Nice and slim. Grip is a little small but with a few changes to my approach I was shooting fine. There is a huge back order on 9's but IMHO it is worth the wait. I walke in and bought mine took 7 stores to find it though.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.