Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Name just one scenario that you are thankful for.

4K views 47 replies 36 participants last post by  firehawk 
#1 ·
Witnessing the birth of my first child, cutting the cord, and deciding to take on the responsibility of being a father.
I became a more compassionate, helpful, and considerate person.

#12 ·
I was was stranded in flagstaff in 2008 when my truck died. I had a few drinks at the local pub and was walking back to my room on the sidewalk and texting a friend. I was inches away from winning the Darwin Award and walking head first into a train that I neglected to hear going through town..... I'm glad I didn't leave the bar 1 second earlier or I would be a giant streak on the tracks.

#19 ·
Getting lucky in 2004 when I was able to hobble away from a car hitting me at 50 mph when I was on my snowmobile sitting at a trail stop sign waiting for friends to catch up to me. I thank God that I had my head turned looking back and that I didn't see it coming, and I didn't have time to tense up. Car hit my sled right in the primary/secondary clutch so Im also very glad of that as well as im sure if the car hit me farther back, and I saw it coming I would have probley snapped my neck. Im still sore and deal with the back and neck issues to this day, but im still here breathing so im very thankful.

#20 ·
My sisters divorce.
I live by a family friend, I've stayed close to them but estranged from my family. My sister is now married to family friends son. My mother reconnected with our friends and me, because of this marriage.
My mother is now supporting me financially and emotionally and taking care of my home and pets.

#21 ·
August 26, 1987. Stopped in to the bar I was managing. Was also Chef at a restaurant the same guy owned. Sat down at the bar with my fiance'...a girl stood next to me and ordered a beer, telling the bartender it was her 21st birthday. I bought her and her friends a round...I was married to her less than two years later. Best thing that ever happened to me. :thumb:

#27 ·
The final 4 hours spent with my mom before her last breath.
Any time spent with my father.
The initial warm feeling from whiskey on an empty stomach.
Beer with friends.
There;s more, I just wouldn't want to bore you all!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.