Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

89x Dave and chuck no longer

10K views 120 replies 58 participants last post by  cj65 
#1 ·
https://www.facebook.com/daveandchuckthefreakfans

Unfortunately we can’t go into detail, but as of today the Dave and Chuck “the Freak” show is no longer a part of the 89X line up.
We greatly enjoyed our time at 89X for over a decade, made some great friends, and are so thankful we got to be a part of your lives every morning.
We have the best listeners in the world, and you guys entertained us as much as we entertained you.
Stay in touch with us here on our facebook page, or at

:(

#11 ·
From what I understand they quit. I'd like to hear the reason behind it all.

I haven't really been able to listen to them since I started my new job 2 months ago. I loved their show tho.

When I read the FB post it had 1500 comments and was blowing up as I read. Almost all said they would no longer listen to 89x.

I started listening when I was in HS many many years ago because their programming was what I liked. Since that has changed and Dave and chuck are gone I doubt I will anymore.

#20 ·
Eric Proksch, vice president/general manager of Bell Media Radio Windsor Detroit, the company that owns 89X, said today that the duo decided to leave the station for another gig. He said confidentiality agreements prevented him from learning where the pair is heading. "They've accepted a job offer from another radio station," Proksch said. "We're disappointed. That's the radio business."

#21 ·
This sucks I've been listening to them for ever. Nothing makes me laugh as much as Leon the sex coach. I will be very upset if they are not local. 89x don't really play my choice of music but when you drive all day you need something good to listen to. These guys will hopefully replace Drew and Mike that would be sweet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.