Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

2000 TJ FLuid All over ground -- HELP!!!

1K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Gunsworth 
#1 ·
Ok the fluid looks like power steering fluid or maybe brake fluid, not sure, but from where it looks like it is dripping doesn't make sense to me.

HELP!!!

See less See more
#3 ·
Ya I know, but why would it leak from there?

#4 ·
if it's power steering fluid, then you can find out real easy by looking at the lines. they're not that long. they only go from the pump to the box and back. if it's leaking it's pretty obvious.

is the fluid anywhere else above or next to the motor, or is it just below your pulley there???

#5 ·
From what I can tell it is just below my pulley there, don't see it coming from anywhere else....

#6 ·
Hey john look on the back of the power steering pump see if it is wet. Also check the lines up there. Look at where the power steering hoses go by the steering shaft. if I remember correctly they looked worn as well as polishing a spot on the steering shaft. It may have worn a hole in the power steering hose.

#7 ·
Bill,

It is definatly not the hose, and for the most part the pump looks pretty dry, just dirty...not really sure.

I am assuming you are home, think I could bring it over for you to look at?

I tried calling but you didn't answer.

#8 ·
anyone else have a guess?

#10 ·
It is definatly coolant....I filled my resovior last weekend cause it was low and now its down to the ADD part again....

FUCK!!!

ANYONE WANT TO BUY A TJ???

#12 ·
Tonka said:
I'm willing to bet you just need a water pump. there is a weep hole that will leak a little fluid when it goes bad. They are fairly cheap.
yep, what i was thinking. I've got through a few.

#14 ·
It is the water pump, and I got a brand new one at murrays for $33, also picked up a new belt since its coming off anyways.

Thanks everyone for your help!!!

:rock:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.