Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

School me on Quads

9K views 112 replies 28 participants last post by  Mr.Green 
#1 ·
I think I am going to buy a couple of used Quads. 2 wheel drive, Around $1500 each. What are your suggestions??

#92 ·
So, with bicycles, you should never replace the chain without replacing the gear sets too. Is this true with four wheelers? I am replacing the chain on at least one of these bad boys. I also need to rebuild the rear brake caliper on the 2006. Do these things have oil filters? Hopefully picking them up tonight. Tick tock, tick tock.

#98 ·
ha good luck with getting video out of green...lol you should know better Nick,

Green Im ok with you getting a quad they are perfect machines for old men. dont let these other guys bash you....

Ill be fishing in the UP. Have fun on your boys in the mountains weekend da,hur hur hur hur......

Oh and watch out for Hanchos police baton....:baa:

#94 ·
Chain is worn, sprockets are worn to match... If you put a new chain on it, the worn sprockets will tear it up in no time flat... Get a good o-ring chain, it will last a long time with proper care. May want to try them out for proper gearing for your intended use prior to purchasing new sprockets. One tooth up or down on the drive sprocket is usually all it takes to make a pretty good difference.

#95 ·
I already got the chain. It is a good O-ring type. Wondering if I should go ride it this weekend with the old sprockets or just go get new ones now. I am sure we will be putting lots of miles on them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.