Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

UFOs

7K views 123 replies 45 participants last post by  vr 
#1 ·
I believe!

#17 ·
And I believe that you would be the guy to do it if I was. You cant hide your homoness even behind your wireless mouse, pink key board, 8794 terrabite water cooled computer and 97" monitor.

#6 · (Edited)
There is no doubt in my mind that there is life out there, but I doubt even if they are intelligent they would be capable of traveling to our planet.

If the sun was as big as this period . the nearest star would be 8 miles away to put things in perspective! That's just too great of a distance to travel! Traveling at the speed of light 186000 miles per hour it would take 4.3 years to reach even our nearest star!

But in our own galaxy there is more stars than all the grains of sand on earth, there are more galaxies in the universe than there are stars in our own galaxy....somewhere out there is a star just like our sun with planets capable of supporting life!

This shit is all mind boggling when you really think about it and just how small we are in the universe :thumb:

#8 ·
But in our own galaxy there is more stars than all the grains of sand on earth, there are more galaxies in the universe than there are stars in our own galaxy....somewhere out there is a star just like our sun with planets capable of supporting life!
Bullshit!! Without going aout and counting I assume there is more than 400 billion grains of sand on earth. I don't know where you get your facts but maybe they are just from your head after smoking a bunch of reefer with you son.

#14 ·
I too believe that there are flying objects that remain unidentified.

#18 ·
ok... i believe there has to be some sort of other life in the universe. how can the giant expanse of the universe only have one planet that can sustain life? that just makes no sense to me. it doesnt matter anyway. if what ur saying is true about the hubble can see planets that are billions of lightyears away, then we are still only seeing the light feom that planet whatever amount of billions of lightyears ago. we are looking at the past of the planet. so how would we know what a planet has on it now?

#21 ·
With an estimated 500 million planets in the habitable zone like earth in the milky way galaxy alone I would make the fair assumption that there is other life. Its interesting how we are looking at stars at the edge of the visible universe(13 billion light years away) but in reality that star that we see as 13billion away has actually traveled up to 30 billion light years away from us in that time. Scientists believe that the univere is about 13 billion years old so we can only see stuff that emitted light within the distance that light could travel in that time, leading people to believe the univere is finite but there is no way to prove if there is anything past that since the light has not reached us yet.

#44 ·
Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour,
That's orbiting at nineteen miles a second, so it's reckoned,
A sun that is the source of all our power.
The sun and you and me and all the stars that we can see
Are moving at a million miles a day
In an outer spiral arm, at forty thousand miles an hour,
Of the galaxy we call the 'Milky Way'.
Our galaxy itself contains a hundred billion stars.
It's a hundred thousand light years side to side.
It bulges in the middle, sixteen thousand light years thick,
But out by us, it's just three thousand light years wide.
We're thirty thousand light years from galactic central point.
We go 'round every two hundred million years,
And our galaxy is only one of millions of billions
In this amazing and expanding universe.

The universe itself keeps on expanding and expanding
In all of the directions it can whizz
As fast as it can go, at the speed of light, you know,
Twelve million miles a minute, and that's the fastest speed there is.
So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure,
How amazingly unlikely is your birth,
And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.