Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Never Enough.....SAS blaZeR2

100K views 530 replies 74 participants last post by  Judd 
#1 · (Edited)
Here’s my first build.

I would first like to thank my grandparents and especially my grandpa for all of his help with the build. I have been doing all of the work in his shop with his help. This both of ours first truck build but, not his first time in the garage... Ill let you see some of the toys that have rolled out of the garage before :naughty:

As of now
99 Blazer zr2
4.3 v6
-msd ignition
-jba headers egr delete
-flowmaster super44
-gibson 2.5 mandrel bent exhaust
-missing kitty
5 speed
31 bfg at's
torsion bar lift
lift shackles
homemade front bumper

Here it is

Here is my first stuck:sonicjay:

See less See more
#448 ·
Finally I had some time to work on the rig. It was a school project, but none the less work got done.

I also had the rear cross shaft pin back out on me two weeks ago. Found the retaining bolt with Locktite still on it floating around in the diff. Only three months after swapping out the Lockwrong for a Spartan. Going to look at safety wiring it

#462 ·
Nope, here's mine.

Gota try getting my password reset again before I post anything else. But the cliff notes are that it needed a cage and a diet. Then after looking it over good, it was determined that it was too rusty to work with. So its turning into a budget buggy.

Same drivetrain-ish, and hanging new skins on a tube chassis. Hoping to keep it under 10k and around 3200 lbs (literately a ton less than before). But finishing out the shop and buying tools has slowed me down more than I'd like, which is why I haven't posted anything yet.

#465 · (Edited)
Well, keeping with the theme its never enough....

Here she is moving in to her new home, 89tbiguys's shop. Which I have to say is what makes this whole thing possible, and I can't thank him enough!

The place was nothing more than a shell with a slab. Had 14 gauge wire running 500 ft in the air from the house, piggy backed off the hot water heater... Needless to say it needed to be upgraded, which gave us a chance to put the compressor in another out building eliminating all of the noise!

After this 4/0 direct burial wire was installed along with a 200 amp sub panel in the shop, and another 50 amp panel in the compressor shed.

From here on out I pictures get scarce of the shop build, as it was happening simultaneously as the blazer got chopped up. However, you can slowly see the shop transform in the back ground.

So here are some pictures to give you an idea of what we're working with. 32x64

#466 ·
First order of business was getting a solid work space, and with the motto "good enough for who its for" a wooden frame table was built. Probably can see where this is going now.

Probably overkill, but it sits flat and besides a few burns, has held up really well.

#467 ·
Next up was to chop up the Blazer! At this point I was going for a fire wall buggy. Even got the misses to help out :naughty:

But sadly I found this instead, which goes through out the fire wall.

Also found this from my "small" fire at R&V, had no idea it got that hot!

On the inside!

Also the front end left me this gift too. Although it's my fault for not catching it. Pinion nut had backed off letting it deflect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.