Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Anyone know of Mt. Pleasant or Big Rapids area trails???

7K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  L4CX 
#1 ·
I'm looking for trails around the Mount Pleasant area for a little two-trackin'

#4 ·
Good place! I was just in Big Rapids. My buddy took me to a seasonal road with alot of different stuff. Not open at All... I had to squeeze my jeep through some trees. but apparently its a seasonal road with may two tracks off of it. Found a sick 20 ft puddle 3 ft deep. It crossed under powerlines.... And I couldnt resist. Dune like hills with rocks and steep steep downgrade. Check it out.

Search "13 Mile Rd and beech ave MI 49338" the seasonal road is south beech.

#11 ·
I know this Thread is kind of old, But My parents have a Cabin up at Canadian lakes and there is a Seasonal Road that boarders that community. It's part of the Mecosta County Forest. There are alot of turn offs that look Vehicle Legal but are not. It's really a beautiful forest. Definatly stay clear of the Gas line that runs through there too.

Look up Hayes Rd and 120th. If you take Hayes west it goes right into the seasonal road. My parents cabin actually is one of the lots that boarders the forest.

#8 ·
In the Area around Big Rapids and west of it are a lot of fine, legal trails. Stay on the trails and no one will give you any troubles ( at least I havent been harrassed in 3 years, except the one time I took a wrong turn onto a horse/ski only trail).

Stay off the powerlines, if you can get on around here dont! thats a very big fine, and Ive seen several people get those tickets.

email me next time your over this way, I love to hit the trails! Hopefully getting my jeep lifted to 35's in the next few weeks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.