Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
5M views 67K replies 500 participants last post by  jeepfreak81 
#1 · (Edited)
My cat might be kinda old, But I would bet he can kick most other cats ass.

Update: September 2014
The cat that started this thread is not longer with us.
R.I.P. "The Michael"

#11,401 ·
On another fine eve of a 4th of July celebration, I think it is time to answer all of the "big" issues that face everyday, honest, hardworking Americans and everyone else:

1) Gays?- Yes, it happens. No, you don't have to follow along. Shut up about the bible, If your an American citizen then the fact that the bible condemns it has zero bearing what so ever; Welcome to America dumbasses! If your world will be completely FUBAR'd cause you Might see a gay dude or chick then please refer to the Steps of Handling World Collapse*

2) Gun Control?- Yes, gun control is necessary. Do you really want the crazy cat lady next door having a gun? Or the Jesus freak on the corner of the road holding the God loves you sign pulling out a 9 cause your wearing freaking teal on a Tuesday afternoon at 3:57 pm and that somehow causes the world to sin? Is more better? Well, take about 3 full bottles of sleeping pills and let us know if more is better

3) Immigration?- Yep, this happens too. America was built on it, it's cool. No, not everyone should be allowed in, those that do need to go through a mandatory year in kindergarten so they can learn to play with others. What? Oh everyone is an Immigrant, and the white devil stole the country from some Indians!
No, please open mouth and insert foot. America was not a country when the white devils (and yellow probably some black, hey we were diversified back then) found it. It was a random big ass piece of land that was inhabited sparsely by people that believed wearing a thong and dancing would make it rain (well I guess it does now though, just depends on what kinda club your in...go figure?)

4) Marijuana? Refer to #1, replace gays refernece with pot. It's pretty much the same. Just tax the shit out of it like tobacco. Then we can all go on welfare and not bother looking for a job and have kids cause the gov'ment will pay for it.....I wonder if I could get WIC and food stamps because I hurt my pinky writing this?
1. - Yup.
2. - Same as 1., substituting "gun" for "gay".
3. - It's about national sovereignty. It's not the 1600s, 1700s, or 1800s and U.S. citizenship (as well as citizenship many other places) carries with it some entitlements and benefits.

This is a case where our educational system, coupled with a lack of compulsory military service has failed our country. I have come to believe that the bulk of people born after about 1957 or 1958 do not intellectually differentiate between "U.S. citizen" and "person". This means they (incorrectly) believe that the rights, freedoms, and benefits of being a U.S. citizen are somehow universal rights/freedoms/benefits that apply to everyone on earth.

They do not.

Out forefathers paid - dearly in many, many cases - for those rights/freedoms/benefits. If you want to join us, there's a process and you're expected to ASSIMILATE (we used to call it the "melting pot") and CONTRIBUTE. And we have the right to pick and choose who comes in based on your ability to contribute to the whole.

4. - Maybe, but I'm not fully convinced yet. The level of chronic pot smokers who seem to stall out and become a drag on society seems higher than alcohol. If that's scientifically proven not to be the case then legalize and tax the hell out of it like alcohol.

#11,402 ·
1. - Yup.
2. - Same as 1., substituting "gun" for "gay".
3. - It's about national sovereignty. It's not the 1600s, 1700s, or 1800s and U.S. citizenship (as well as citizenship many other places) carries with it some entitlements and benefits.

This is a case where our educational system, coupled with a lack of compulsory military service has failed our country. I have come to believe that the bulk of people born after about 1957 or 1958 do not intellectually differentiate between "U.S. citizen" and "person". This means they (incorrectly) believe that the rights, freedoms, and benefits of being a U.S. citizen are somehow universal rights/freedoms/benefits that apply to everyone on earth.

They do not.

Out forefathers paid - dearly in many, many cases - for those rights/freedoms/benefits. If you want to join us, there's a process and you're expected to ASSIMILATE (we used to call it the "melting pot") and CONTRIBUTE. And we have the right to pick and choose who comes in based on your ability to contribute to the whole.

4. - Maybe, but I'm not fully convinced yet. The level of chronic pot smokers who seem to stall out and become a drag on society seems higher than alcohol. If that's scientifically proven not to be the case then legalize and tax the hell out of it like alcohol.
they have already determined people who get stoned alot are lazy
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...=maing-grid7|main5|dl10|sec1_lnk3&pLid=339198

#11,404 ·
walmart in white lake has ammo...that is all

#11,405 ·
whats the link say? was going to click it but.......................
you asked for it.

The stereotype of pot smokers as lackadaisical loafers is supported by new research: People who smoke marijuana regularly over long periods of time tend to produce less of a chemical in the brain that is linked to motivation, a new study finds.

Researchers in the United Kingdom scanned the brains of 19 regular marijuana users, and 19 nonusers of the same sex and age, using positron emission tomography (PET), which helps measure the distribution of chemicals throughout the brain.

They found that the long-term cannabis users tended to produce less dopamine, a "feel good" chemical in the brain that plays an important role in motivation and reward-driven behavior. [Trippy Tales: The History of 8 Hallucinogens]

Study participants who smoked marijuana regularly, and those who began using the drug at a younger age, had lower levels of dopamine in a part of the brain called the striatum, which could be why cannabis users appear to lack motivation.

However, "whether such a syndrome exists is controversial," said study lead author Michael Bloomfield, a researcher at the Institute of Clinical Sciences at Imperial College London.

The people in the study used cannabis quite heavily, they all began using the drug between ages 12 and 18, and they all had experienced symptoms of psychosis while under the influence, the researchers said. Some of these symptoms include experiencing strange sensations while on the drug, or having bizarre thoughts, such as thinking they were being threatened by an unknown force.

Because increased dopamine production has been linked with psychosis, the researchers expected to find higher levels of dopamine in the cannabis users, but instead, their findings suggested the opposite.

Previous studies looking at marijuana's effects on the brain have shown that chronic marijuana use may trigger inflammation in the brain, which could affect coordination and learning, and that cannabis users have a higher risk of schizophrenia.

But the new results suggest more research is needed to understand the potential links between chronic marijuana use and mental illnesses.

"It has been assumed that cannabis increases the risk of schizophrenia by inducing the same effects on the dopamine system that we see in schizophrenia, but this hasn't been studied in active cannabis users until now," Bloomfield said in a statement. The results tie in with previous addiction research showing that substance abusers have altered dopamine systems.

The findings could explain behaviors commonly seen in marijuana users, not only those who may suffer psychosis symptoms or dependence, although further study is needed to better understand the link, the researchers said.

They also said the brain changes are likely reversible — previous studies did not find differences in dopamine production between former marijuana users and people who were never regular users of marijuana.

The detailed results of the study were published online June 29 in the journal Biological Psychiatry.

#11,411 ·
I hate that my Part time job works me only 20 to 25 hours a week, yet they want 100% availability from you. Not to mention you never you end up putting your 2- to 25 hours in in 5 days. Worst one is you do an 8 hour day then do three 4 hour days.

#11,414 ·
Fireworks for most of the night = no sleep
Fuck it, its coffee time.
I think I'm gonna start power washing side walks in 40 minutes. :d:
People have literally been shooting fireworks off in my neighborhood for the last two months. I expect to hear fireworks for at least another month. It amazes me how people with no money find all sorts of money for cigarettes and fireworks.

#11,415 ·
People have literally been shooting fireworks off in my neighborhood for the last two months. I expect to hear fireworks for at least another month. It amazes me how people with no money find all sorts of money for cigarettes and fireworks.
I have a neighbor that is constantly bumming beer and smokes from another neighbor (I don't stock beer and I don't smoke so he doesn't pester me) yet he has been shooting off $50-$75 worth of fireworks every night for the last 2 weeks.

Guess he buys it with the money he saves on beer and smokes.

#11,416 ·
Im completely sick of these assholes and seriously am at a loss on how to deal with them.
The super angry bitch in me wants to set them on fire and drag them down the street behind my Jeep to extinguish the flames.
The infinitesimal bit of sanity I have miraculously held on to is keeping me from doing just that.
If you call the cops, they stop just long enough for you to fall back asleep and start right back up again.
Calling the cops a second time only sends them flying in the house to hide in the dark till they can't see police cars in the area, then they start their shit all over again.