Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

'86 Cherokee 318 V8 - parts or project?

4K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  zook94 
#1 ·
See:
http://www.westveld.com/cheepjerokee/index.htm

Jeep is located in Holland, MI

I'm planning on disassembling this soon - possibly starting Friday 1/18.

If you want the whole thing, I'd sell for $700 OBO - parts are probably worth more than the whole, but it could be brought back as a fun toy

doesn't run at the moment - starter is broke - I think maybe it has a bad motor mount and the starter might hit something when it's abused. Ran good before that (1 month ago)

American racing rims w/ fair tires - 2 leak - looks like from the bead, maybe I got a little grass in it when "testing" in the yard.

Overheats pretty quickly, plugged radiator? I don't know
valve covers leak
I put in a new alternator recently
rancho shocks, some sort of lift kit

I did get it into 4x4 by moving the linkage from below - it seemed to work well.
sounded like one of the front u-joints has "issues"

possible parts of interest:
back hatch is rust free except the latch itself
B&M shifter setup
Holley analog throttle body setup
318 or 360 dodge motor w/ edelbrock intake
fancy steering wheel
smittybuilt bumpers
wheels/tires
suspension
axles
radio with No Doubt cd stuck in it
?? what do you need? make me an offer :)

Matt Westveld
westveld@gmail.com
616-283-5534

See less See more
#3 ·
haha - worth more than that as scrap!

There are a few pictures on the page that the link goes to - is that good enough? if someone is interested in something particular I can take better more specific pictures.

I might be able to get close to the $700 by putting the EFI and a few other bits on ebay and scrapping the rest. or not, hard to predict ebay

#4 ·
You should take more pics..........maybe during the "day time". The motor doesnt look like any AMC motor ive ever seen. Theres no breather tube up front or distributor. Ive never looked at a dodge 318 before, but if it is, wouldnt it be casted on the side of the block like amc does?

#5 ·
It's definitely a Dodge motor according to the Edelbrock numbers on the intake, which fits the 318 and 360 Dodge motor - not the AMC. I'll see if I can take more pictures today - it's being disassembled now. Bumpers are sold, grill and lights are pending

Thanks!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.