Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Gone

5K views 42 replies 13 participants last post by  Christmas Cookie 
#1 · (Edited)
Gone!

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
Mosins ain't worth much, and modified Mosins are worth less.

If that has a hex receiver and you still have the original stock, cleaning equipment, and bayonet- and it's all in good condition- it's worth maybe $300. You can still get 440 rds of ammo for $100 at Dunham's fairly often.

So- you need to supply more info to justify your price @wow2005

#10 ·
I'm just trying to figure out exactly what this rifle is. Mosin Nagants are one of the most mass produced rifles ever made and come from a whole lot of different countries.

Can you post pics of all the markings on the receiver, barrel, bolt and original stock so we know what it is? @wow2005

#13 ·
According to the proof mark, that rifle was made at the Tula armory in 1939.

While not the most common proof mark, it is far from rare.

http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinRarity.htm

Vintage firearms are always most valuable in original, serial number matching condition with minimal wear.
Unfortunately, modifying a Mosin Nagant will net you about as much profit as modifying Chrysler K-car. They just aren't worth much, and are worth less modified.

I've had a few, I've never paid more than $130 for one, and that one had the somewhat more desirable laminated stock.

Oh, and you do need to justify your price to any potential buyer.....

#26 ·
The gun is 75 years old it looks like the outside is pitted at the rear sight I wonder how the inside looks???? Also if you're going to believe a guy who prob got a crate of these guns ( which come in mixed conditions ) to tell you that this gun has never been fired... Well then I have dozens of guns that have never been fired. All with custom mods too. Maybe I should add a few hundred to what there worth and see if you want to buy them

#25 · (Edited)
Should have went to Dunhams, They are on sale there all the time, and if you know what you are lookinbg for, you can get a good quality mosin for about $140 tops. Sometimes closer to $100.

I am just going to put this here for reference. I had an ex sniper barrel 91/30 that I sporterized. I sold it for asking price, which is about fair market value only because it has the rare barrel. If it had a stnd Tula barrel, It would be worth about $100 less.
http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=242626&highlight=mosin

#22 ·
I just bought a Chinese T53 for $125 last month. That is much harder to find than a 91/30. It's a version of the M44 with swing out bayonet.

Hat to break it to you, but you are going to have a very hard time getting anyone to pay more than $300 for all that. If you paid more than $300 then you have my sympathies.

#31 ·
okay here are some more pics!
I payed $210 for the gun.
I payed $220 for the stock.
I payed $125 for the ammo.
So there I have about $555 in to it.
so I have to put a price on it so I did. $600 o.b.o. Hence the o.b.o
and the stock are hard to get.
so I was hopping for $475
so get off my case!!!

Attachments

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.