Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Mideerslayer

6K views 70 replies 33 participants last post by  BlooMule 
#1 ·
well, I just saw your post and couldn't respond because it was closed. I am the guy that sold him the truck. It seems most people are on my side. Here's the bottom line...

You got a 4x4 pickup for a throw away car. With a little work and a few dollars, that truck will last another 100,000 miles. This car will go another 30k if I'm lucky.

I told you everything I know about the truck. I'm an honest guy. You came to my house. Do you think I would have you come to my house if I was gonna scam you?

You live in a fantasy world where you think you're gonna get a perctly running truck for a rusted out stratus. Get real man. It's not my fault you're broke. It's a 1996 Ram. If you thought you weren't gonna have to put money into it, you need to go get your head checked out.

Quit your bitching, put a couple hundred bucks into it and enjoy the damn truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#9 ·
I don't think you can assume that just because the regular pot stirrers jumped on his back that he didn't have some validity to his arguments and that there aren't those that of us that would have also had issues with the misleading that may or may not have gone on. If you're judging this settlement by the likes of Steveo and the other drama queens you might be mistaken. I, too would have been upset. Personally I didn't read every post in that thread but from what I could gather he entered into the agreement with one thing in mind from your conversations and received another. Just sayin'. You could be as honest as the day is long but had you driven to my house to make that deal and all that happened I would have offerred to undo the deal or help make things right. Maybe even offering to help with a fix or two in the garage before you made the trek home. But hey, that's me. Hope it works out for both of you.

#10 ·
Take your Logic and peaceful solutions and GET THE FUCK OUT!!!! we want more fighting. On a side note to the OP, we dont care about your side of the story. MIdeerfucker earned the response he got by his actions in the thread, no one cares about the actual trade.

#15 ·
"buyer" traded a POS car for a POS truck and expected gold. Was all asschapped when he found out he didn't get a perfect truck, but admitted he didn't look it over...claims the "seller" said it was perfect. Somehow I think bigcountry had a hand in helping "buyer" because his math doesn't add up, and why would the "seller" trade a perfect truck for a POS? I can see trading a POS for a POS.

#36 ·
in :popcorn:

#38 ·
I agree with what everyone is saying I have said since post one(in the other thread) I Screwed up and didn't look it over. It was my fault that I didn't look it over and took the sellers word. All I'm trying to get across is don't make the same mistake I did and not look things over no matter what is. Never take anyone's word on something like this. I think its very clear, I'm not looking or asking for anything but rather giving advise so no one goes thru the same mistake.

And if this doesn't make any sense then you are blind, and sol godde you can fuck your self. Go ahead and smear my name I dont give a fuck, The "group" and this site helped my family when We needed it, every year since I have made it a point to return the favor and help a family in need. I made my peace with said group and moved on.

If you have to come on here and put me and my family down to make your self feel better about your self, well then you sir need serious help in the mental health area.

#46 ·
All I'm trying to get across is don't make the same mistake I did and not look things over no matter what is. Never take anyone's word on something like this.
If that was truly the main thrust of your 'public service announcement' you wouldn't have needed to add all of the other drama-fodder.

I don't know you, or the other guy, but seriously I also have honestly never heard of anyone that is old enough to legally have a vehicle in their name, that is so naive as to do what you allegedly did.

Seriously. Nobody I know would do that, unless they seriously didn't care, or had enough money to just throw at something they really, really, really wanted. Nobody.

I can't even really fathom that anyone with enough common sense to even be able to read and write beyond a 3rd grade education would not at least look things over, or go for a test drive before consummating the trade.

Fuck. I just realized after typing that last paragraph that your public service announcement is probably pretty well targeted by posting it here at GL4x4 - that being said, I point you back to the red paragraph I typed above. IF it was truly only your point to make sure people didn't do something so moronic as to not even do a cursory once over, then you wouldn't have needed to add all of the other B.S., and/or identify the vehicle, etc.

#41 ·
You took my word? I told you everything that I knew was wrong with it. Stop calling me a liar. The truck was driving fine when I parked it except the problems I told you about. Stop bitching like you got screwed over. You want a warranty, go by a new car.

#44 ·
I was just reading through the other thread and I want to thank all the people who defended me in my absence. I'm an honest guy and I didn't know about the other problems with the truck. I would have told him. I've been screwed by dishonest people in the past and I refuse to do that to somebody else. Karma will get them. But ever since I traded him the truck, he's been emailing and texting me. Whining about ever little thing. The car I got from him has just been sitting. So I don't even know if there's anyting he didn't tell me about. He wanted me to give him money back or his outdated POS GPS. He actually saved money because the stuff I told him was wrong with it turned out to be more minor problems than I thought they were. The truck sat for a year and a half. I drove it around the property a little to get a deer or do some yard work but things rust out when a vehicle sits. I was honest with him about everything. It just pissed me off when somebody tries to call me a liar. YOU WANTED DRAMA, YOU GOT IT MIDEERSLAYER. Call me a liar again and I will give my personal opinion of you. And to everybody else, If we do business in the future. I'm an honest guy and you don't have anything to worry about. Maybe he just shot himself in the foot. Who's gonna want to sell him anyting after seeing the way he is acting.

#47 ·
For those who can't read, I put it in bold letters

I agree with what everyone is saying I have said since post one(in the other thread) I Screwed up and didn't look it over. It was my fault that I didn't look it over and took the sellers word That in ran and drove fine. All I'm trying to get across is don't make the same mistake I did and not look things over no matter what is. Never take anyone's word on something like this. I think its very clear, I'm not looking or asking for anything but rather giving advise so no one goes thru the same mistake.

I emailed and texted you right after the deal was made and asked a few questions and left it at that. So don't get your boxers in a bunch.

As for your opinion of me I could care less.

I knew it was a used truck and when ever you get something used you will have to make repairs but bad ball joints, all the tie rods, brakes and a u-joint so loose it was flopping like a fish of of water, that doesn't seem like a truck I would list as running and driving good.

Live and learn, I will repair the truck drive it and be happy.

So go ahead and say what you want, I voiced my opinion, all the drama queens bashed me and such to make them selves feel good but again I dont care. I made the mistake, I admit it and I will live with it. What else do you people want?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.