Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Bad ass sand drag jeep

41K views 249 replies 54 participants last post by  Lousypirate 
#1 ·
Anybody recognize this "jeep"? Lol

See less See more
#18 ·
Man you guys talk a lot of shit. The jeep may not be the best engineered or have the safest cage. It does however pass tech at the sand drags and has held the pro truck class title. If any of you actually ran the class you would probobly shut the fuck up because this jeep would school you.

#33 ·
If your talking about the silly bone stock TJs and xjs that seem to flop at the mounds all the time.. those are not rock crawlers.

Look at any purpose built crawler or ultra 4 rig on here and see how much more cage and chassis design those guys have put into their rigs... makes this thing look like a cobbled mess.

#37 ·
I agree totally....... Most people, including myself have a jeep that is much more capable then the factory cage is good for. Thats the point I am trying to make.
I hope he doesnt find out but I think the cage is okay for a roll in the sand. If it was going down the pavement or climbing hills I would be more concerned.

It's a cobbled piece of shit to these guys but I bet most of them dont think twice about riding a motorcycle at highway speeds with no cage.

If you guys saw the thing at the track doing what it does you would realize it's pretty drama free.

#58 ·
I've needed my head examined for less. You think vws are good cars, sooooo

Most 1500hp cars go a lot faster then 85 mph and a lot farther then 300'

Is a 200 hp crotch rocket safer? How about 160 hp snowmobiles that go 130+?

Im glad Im not so scared of a jeep with a lil smallblock in it.

#50 ·
What is the problem with making the cage better? Adding just one diagnol bar would make it 5 times better. I dont get it. I am glad there is an amberlamps close to where ever this Jeep runs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.