Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Who knows this car?!?

8K views 47 replies 20 participants last post by  OttoMan 
#1 ·
#10 ·
You know it's a little difficult to follow at a safe distance when a car illegally uses a turn around on the highway and pulls out into 70+ mph traffic.

The point of the thread wasn't to start a pissing match on wether or not the biker was following at a safe distance. It was so people can keep their eyes peeled for the asshole who caused this accident.

#23 ·
@jeepfreak81 The linked news story clearly says the vehicle had damage but does not cite the damage resulting from the accident the driver caused. The story also does not cite the driver as fleeing the scene. A reader can not assert your additional info. For all a reader can know is some jackhole did a uturn and was oblivious to the carnage that resulted behind them as they drove into the sunset. Similar if an idiot with headphones jay-walked through moving traffic and kept walking.

I'm not at all downplaying that man's life contributions so I'm not sure why you're reacting like someone jammed a pencil into your peehole.

#24 ·
For all a reader can know is some jackhole did a uturn and was oblivious to the carnage that resulted behind them as they drove into the sunset.
Honestly that was my first thought.

Maybe this idiot didn't even realize the carnage they unleashed. If you are so self-absorbed that you would make a U turn on a busy road it's not hard to think you would be oblivious to everything else around you.

Sad either way.

#27 ·
@jeepfreak81 - take a re-visit to OP's content.

It provides an accusation of murder and an article. My initial remark didn't blame the rider, it recalls a recommendation made to all of us in driver training.

You're showing a special level of retardation today. The pub has never been a place for deep methodical research of content by anyone.

#30 ·
FWIW I was just given word by the family that they have the person that caused the accident.

OMG I have received the best news and Bert would have been thrilled. Bert's brother, Brian, went to the station and was informed that they caught the SOB that caused the accident. I would like to thank the news ststions and everyone that has helped with locating the vehicle and driver. He will be prosecuted after I send information in. Thank you God.

#37 ·
You know, there are a lot of things that went wrong here.
Let this teach you riders, pratice your panic brakeing. When shit goes wrong on a bike, it goes wrong hella fast. And also, ware a good helmet, not that brain bowl shit.

#41 ·
It constantly amazes me at the chronic examples of selfish behavior that I see every day on the road. People who feel like they have to turn around at that exact turnaround when there is another one just like 300 yards up the road. Or not using turn signals. Or pulling out in front of someone just to turn at the next street or parking lot when there is no traffic behind the car that they just pulled out in front of. Having kids that will be driving real soon, I constantly try to instill in them to be a good steward of the road for them and others as well. Sorry for the loss.

#42 ·
I am a firm supporter of live traffic cameras along major routes.

Real world traffic letting your passenger navigate can make a big difference during long trips. More importantly it gives a bit of information on what this thing was or looked like and possibly even a plate number.

I was hoping that there were traffic cameras on 23. But, there does not seem to be any. Not any publicly listed ones anyway.

Best wishes to the family.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.