Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Guided some newbies out to MarbleHead

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Buggy_Tim 
#1 ·
Had a great time. These guys had never done this kind of wheelin. One guy was from Ohio and only has done mud and sand. Half way through the day he says "I hate rocks" I was like WTF did you ask me to guide you on Drummond then? The golf course should have given you a clue.....it's called "THE ROCK" for gods sake.:tonka: Anyway, here are a few and the others can be seen HERE.

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm so used to wheeling with people that have wheeled for years, it was kinda fun to go with guys that have never done rock steps or deep water. It was a fun layed back trip. No egos...for the most part and we could talk the guy in the red jeep into anything....:tonka:

"Go for it, we can pull you out...it isn't that deep."

#9 ·
that looks fun, how much woudl it cost to get up there to go on the trip? i mean can you drive to the island?

#10 ·
There is a ferry that goes to the island. So it would cost your gas, food and whatever lodging you require. Camping is available, not sure of the cost, there are hotels, the resort and cabins on the island. If you want a nice cabin look into Papin's. PAPIN'S Or you can stay in a normal hotel in the Soo.

Then the ferry ride is 8 bucks for 1 rig and the driver, 2 bucks for any passangers.

If you trailer then it is an additional 12 bucks for a trailer up to 20 foot, or something like 15 bucks for a trailer over 20 foot.

No ORV sticker is required.

It's looking more and more like I am going to put a trail ride together for the end of May to go out there if you are interested.

#14 · (Edited)
yep! flys in from hawaii on the second of june
heres your sign!!

actualy i have to ship it home from hawaii.
which is my current location. im stationed there, my enlistment in the army ends in june so i should be home by late may. my jeep may take longer to arive.

#16 ·
Yup...yota was stock save for some 31's I think. And yes, he wheeled it. Just talked to him at the local parts store and he was whining about all the "Damage"....:rock: So I ask, what damage and he says my skid plates are dented and scratched. :tonka:

I threw a doughnut at him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.