Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

93' Subaru obs JDM V4 sti swapped 5 speed wagon PENDING.

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  CatRover 
#1 · (Edited)
This was previously on xceed - http://www.xceedspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168625&highlight=subaru and rs25 - http://www.rs25.com/forums/f171/t136572-93-sti-swapped-wagon.html

I just bought this a week or so ago off xceed with intentions on swapping the engine to my 99 25rs. Plans have changed, and I'm looking to sell this for what I've got into it. Car is exactly the same as I got it, other than a little cleaner and a few more miles. No extra parts mentioned in previous owners ad are included. Did not get them. $4,000.

Give me a call or text at (231)750-0571.

Previous owners ad -

1993 Subaru Impreza Wagon $7,000 OBO

2.0 JDM STi V4 RA engine swap (EJ20K). This is a nice low mileage swap that was purchased from GreatWheels. For those of you that remember the company, they had the best reputation, and only imported low mileage A+ half cuts.

Clean MI Title in hand, VIN can be provided for carfax if really needed…

I bought the shell out of a junk yard with a clean title. Left front side hit a guard rail. I replaced the door shell and fender with parts from the yard. I installed a 2.5rs front bumper cover and hood. Shortly after I swapped in the STi motor. This car is an absolute blast to drive! Pulls solid to redline. I have driven this car daily, it’s also the greatest thing in the winter! More fun than you’ll have with any other type of car.

Only reason I’m selling is because I bought a new fun car and a new suv. If it weren’t for that, I’d keep this. Actually, if I had more room, I’d keep this. That being said, do NOT ask if you can trade me your car for this.

Power Train:
• Stock 2.0 STi V4 RA motor (EJ20K)
• Oil change once a month, full synthetic
• 6S ECU (8K redline, more aggressive of factory ECU)
• Brand NEW big orange MAF (22B)
• Random brand cone air filter
• Extra rebuilt trans, and spare parts trans
• 6 puck ceramic clutch (sprung) stock pressure plate. Clutch Dynamics
• Walbro 255 pump
• Blitz boost controller
• Plugs replaced this year
• Fuel filter replaced this year
• 99’ Legacy GT trans installed currently. New fluid.
• Rear diff fluid just changed.
Chassis:
• 94 Legacy SS front calipers, pads, rotors
• DOT 4 brake flush this year
• 4 port master cylinder, slow leak, it needs the 3 port cylinder
• STi V8 Springs, struts & mounts all the way around. These are inverted, low mileage, greased up before install, no clunks. Handles like wow!
• 83,272 miles
Exterior:
• 4 Hella FF1000 foglamps
• Morette headlamp knockoffs
• Extra set of crystal headlamps, converted to Xenon, one glass is broken.
• Roof rack included, not yet installed
• Needs paint, one color, or ?
Interior:
• Alpine CD player
• Infinity speakers in rear, cant remember in front
• JDM rear suede folding wagon seats
• MadDad Boost gauge
• MadDad EGT gauge, needs new sensor
• Blitz electronic boost controller
• Vehicle is wired for subs

Random notes:

• Including all wire diagrams, service manuals, ect that I have. They are in PDF format
• Would recommend fuel / timing controller for more fun factor. Also coil on plug conversion.
• Recent leak down test, over 90%, this motor is strong and problem free
• Only run 94+, or turn down from stock boost (1.3bar) or it will pull timing and not be as much fun.
• Comes with box of misc extra parts, basically whatever I find while going though the garage.
• Windshield has a crack, lets in water, would advise replacement.
• Fuel gauge reads funny, needs new sensor, I just note when it starts to fall, I fill it up.
• Water temp does not read on cluster. Bad cluster, or? Subaru scan tool shows ECM reading proper temp. I’d just get a water gauge if I were keeping.
• There’s a lot more, I’ll answer any question to the best of my abilities. Just ask. Request pics, videos, ect.

See less See more
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.