Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

its september 11

5K views 53 replies 41 participants last post by  IrishChef 
#1 ·
:usa:

#13 ·
I was headed to Detroit metro that day to return to camp lejeune. I was home on leave from the marines getting ready for a 6 month deployment. Ended up stuck at the airport, had to rent a car drive to nc. Then sept 17 we got on the uss Bataan and headed strait for Afghanistan, got there early nov. that day forever changed me to say the least

#27 ·
I really hope this isn't true and we forget the feelings we all had.

I was in fifth grade and got a morning recess, which never happened, so the teachers could all talk. My dad came and picked my sister and I up that day so he could explain what had happened.

To those of you who have served, Thank you. :usa:

#30 ·
I remember that day vividly as well. I was working the third shift at that time and had come home and went to bed. I woke to go to the bathroom and saw my wife watching TV in the living room and she said you won't believe what just happened. I started watching and couldn't stop. Rage filled my body and I wanted to re-enlist, but I had been out for 20 yrs. at that point and knew I couldn't because I was discharged medically for an injury. I felt so helpless I wanted payback as I'm sure most of you did. I will never forget and it pains me to see that just 7 yrs. after that we elected a Muslim into our Whitehouse. I have to stop now or my blood pressure is going to sky rocket.

#32 ·
I was doing some work for Livonia police department and I had just pulled into their parking lot. All the cops were in their conference room watching what was going on. I received a call from my work telling us to take the rest of the day off and be with our families.

#36 ·
I was listening to drew and mike at work when it happened, I remember mike clark calling it as a commercial jet before the networks did. Got home at 4 pm and wanted to watch coverage but my wife wanted no part of it. It wasn't until the first anniversary that I actually saw the footage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.