Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

GL4x4 Motorcycle Club

271K views 2K replies 230 participants last post by  booblinker 
#1 · (Edited)
Show off your motorcycle.

mine: 1982 Honda CM250

Duffman, I know you're itching to post some pics! :)

See less See more
#1,370 ·
what year is that? Must be pre-2000. Kickstart, but not a disc brake. It looks to be in really great shape.

#1,372 ·
Yep last year for kickstart 1999. Shape is good. I'm going to be happy.
Funny thing salesman was telling me all the things that checked out. Battery tested good.
I went to start it battery was died. He kicked it over for me to test ride. I'm not sure I will be able to use that myself but so happy it has it.

#1,389 ·
Since getting my TW, this is what I've found.
I wouldn't recommend dealership !
I had a long conversation with salesman concerning bikes condition. I was assured certain things were done for customers. Biggest thing was tires were suppose to be 60% or better.
I had a 2 hour drive down and longer wait, then 2 drive home.
I waited for an oil change and top off charge on bike before I saw it. First thing tires less than 40%. I mention it and he apologized for saying 60%.
Then I try starting it to a dead battery. At this point I should have left. But I wanted a TW. And I'd already wasted enough time and money trying to get one.
So I'm told a battery will be installed. Then he goes over the list of everything done.
Air filter nice and clean.
Compression good
Oil changed
I also have them oil the chain that is rusty, and the sprayed with silver paint. It's stiff. We mention the poor fitting side panels.
So I'm thinking tires and chain &sprockets. I offered 200 less than asking price.
After more waiting it was accepted. Loading it I saw the broken throttle tube- my miss.
I got home at dusk. Unloaded and to bed. Medical test for next day.
But I did get some time to look over TW.
Seems to have a new oil leak. Battery vent tube is odd. So I take my time and start checking things.
Tool kit is were it belongs after dealer said it was missing- win for me.
Pulled seat battery vent tube not connected to the new used battery. I have to pull battery up to connect.
This is the battery dealer installed.

This is the clean air filter!

Found that the right side lower case bolts were loose. Possibly how dealership did oil change. No evidence of an old leak.
So I check oil filter.

I also see etching on case halves- rebuild?
So now I'm thinking compression wasn't checked do I pull spark plug.

I sent emails to salesman he said Scott the GM would call.
Well Scott said he's in business to make money not spend it on trade ins.
And to bring the bike back. I said no!
It's not the bike it's what you told me more than once was done for customers that wasn't. He stated that they check all trade ins for their benefit not customers.
And everything I found was customer maintenance on an older bike. I said yes, if not for the fact you stated it was done. Either your service department sucks or you do.
So second call again was bring bike back. To which I said will ok but now it's a 2000 dollar bike. Again I stated not the bike it's what you claimed. So they decided to give me an air filter and battery. That they will not ship. I have to drive 2 hours to get them.
They got 2 other TW's in and I had 2 friends that would have been interested in them.( now 3 friends love mine). But I cannot recommend this dealership to them.
US27 Motorsport's.
Check out my thread on every I'm doing or done.
Hello, best years?

#1,392 ·
Looking to get my first bike and I have been debating 3 bikes. Looking for some opinions on what you guys think or any bike I may be missing. Im 6'3'' 220lbs so a small bike like a rebel 250 is out of the question plus I will be doing a little freeway driving.
The three so far are as follows

Honda Shadow 600
Kawasaki Vulcan 800
or the mix up a Suzuki DRZ400

I have been trying to stay in the $2500 range and all three of these can be had for that so that's why their my choices so far. I also really am not looking for a crotch rocket as I do not trust myself not to use them to their full potential so its either a cruiser or enduro

#1,394 ·
Looking to get my first bike and I have been debating 3 bikes. Looking for some opinions on what you guys think or any bike I may be missing. Im 6'3'' 220lbs so a small bike like a rebel 250 is out of the question plus I will be doing a little freeway driving.

The three so far are as follows

Honda Shadow 600

Kawasaki Vulcan 800

or the mix up a Suzuki DRZ400

I have been trying to stay in the $2500 range and all three of these can be had for that so that's why their my choices so far. I also really am not looking for a crotch rocket as I do not trust myself not to use them to their full potential so its either a cruiser or enduro

Buy mine for 1400$ and an enduro for 1100$