Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

GL4x4 Motorcycle Club

271K views 2K replies 230 participants last post by  booblinker 
#1 · (Edited)
Show off your motorcycle.

mine: 1982 Honda CM250

Duffman, I know you're itching to post some pics! :)

See less See more
#855 ·
Not over here, I wanted to get the new bike out and get some seafoam through the carbs and see if I can get away without pulling them and cleaning them, but it rained all Fawking day.

#858 ·
#861 ·
I got a pretty cheap tank from ebay that somebody had spray bombed black. They must have stripped the factory paint from it before they did that, so I went ahead and sanded most of the paint off the tank. When I was done for the night, I threw it on the bike as is. I'm actually thinking of leaving the little dings and clearing it as is, or getting all the old paint off and polish it, then clear it raw. Whaddya think?

#864 ·
Just picked this little guy up the other day. It's a '97 TW200 with 3400 miles in about perfect condition, even came with a rack for the back that I haven't put on yet. I'm looking forward to hitting some trails and saving a ton of gas going back and forth to work.

#867 · (Edited)
My DRZ400s is finally done. Just have to deal with the intermittent rear brake and put a cowl in the trucklite 5x7 LED headlight that I now have. This is what it looked like during mock up. That's an XJ headlight bucket... and no...I didn't do the work. A much more capable person did.

#882 · (Edited)
thats my old bike i traded in on my RZR. did you buy it from babbits? that bike was alot of fun! hope you have as much fun on it as i did!

a pic from feb. 2012 before i got everything powder coated. those front blinkers that are on it now are one of a kind, i had them machined at work.

#873 ·
left yesterday at 0600 with 2 friends and my son headed for silver lake (my son has been after me to take him to ride the dunes). i manned the grille and beer cooler and they rode from 10 til about 4...they had a blast an my kid got to "break-in" his christmas gopro3.

today on my streeter i finished wiring and cleaning up my passing lamp install, changed oil/filter and put new windshield/lowers on it.

buddy of mine came over and took a ride up to bay city.
on our way up buddy wanted to stop at at menards at m15/69 ...we pulled up to the doors and there was a chick sitting on the ground next to "cheryl" (her '79 sporty) frantically trying to put her gear shifter back on (it fell off on her way to a bike show over in holly).
spent 15min or so cobbling it back together (as "cheryl" was pretty much completely cobbled anyway) and adjusted her clutch cable. i took it around the lot to make sure all was good (looked just like rockstar only on a much smaller bike). in the end got hugged by a biker chick in leather chaps (fap fap fap) hope she made it to her show...

i'm sunburnt

#874 ·
This is my ride, went for a good ride today and stopped in this church parking lot on orchard lk and took some glamor shots. 2012 softail Deluxe that I'm going for the southern california cholo style; 14" carlini gangster apes, 39" samson true dual cholos, 18" front and 16" rear DNA mammoth 50 spoke wheels with WWW tires, ShotGun shock air ride in the rear to slam it down and soften up the ride when needed. I'm running a TW222 cam to bring back some of the lost low end torque from the true duals. I love it.

#879 ·
Still waiting to get the carbs back for the Viragoster, but I just felt like wheeling it out to take a picture on the nice green grass.

#885 ·
Plasti dip is pretty sweet. Slowly but surely, I'm hiding the fake plastic chrome:

#886 ·
New project; Just picked up a super stock and original 1969 Yamaha 305 from my uncle. He bought it in 1969 after returning from Vietnam and used it as a commuter as he finished college. It was last on the road in 73' and last started sometime in the 80's. It has been garage kept ever since. With a little polish and some work it should be a nice little bike. Anyway here are some pics of it.

And after a quick wash and clean.