Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Mr. Beefy's "not quite yet U4 buggy" build

358K views 3K replies 117 participants last post by  Mr. Beefy 
#1 · (Edited)
Alright fine, I'll make a new build thread :finger: :sonicjay:

Bought a MandM offroad chassis from PJ, super good dude to deal with and super nice. HIGHLY recommend. http://mandmfab.com/id68.html
This is chassis #20

Order placed on Monday 11-5 at about noon..

Got this on 11-6.

11-9

11-12

11-13

See less See more
#1,786 ·

Messed with the car today. New mufflers and some gas tank support repair. Which backfired lol. Somebody did a shift job repairing the fuel tank supports at the trunk pan. So I added some support to the area. Which involved slight movement of the tank. Well prior to the repair I haven't filled the car more then half full. After the repair I put 3/4 of a tank of fuel and it now leaks. So either it leaked before and I just didn't know it. Or me moving the tank caused the leak. And these tank are expensive.

#1,789 ·
I bought an air filter the other day to replace the oil soaked one from the rollover. First time it's been on the drivers side. Which leaked lots of trans fluid and oil into cylinders via the valve cover to air intake breather.

I have none of these issues when it's on the pass. Side :sonicjay:. Not sure where the trans fluid came from. Either the vent or the shift linkage. I do seep fluid from the shift shaft through the case. But this was quite a bit of fluid pretty quick.

#1,790 ·
I bought an air filter the other day to replace the oil soaked one from the rollover. First time it's been on the drivers side. Which leaked lots of trans fluid and oil into cylinders via the valve cover to air intake breather.

I have none of these issues when it's on the pass. Side :sonicjay:. Not sure where the trans fluid came from. Either the vent or the shift linkage. I do seep fluid from the shift shaft through the case. But this was quite a bit of fluid pretty quick.
mine did the same thing when on it's driver side. not sure where it came from but seems like it spilled quickly

#1,793 ·
In prep for loonie I got back to the buggy and gave it some love.

Replaced a questionable hyd. Line.
Installed cb
Installed led light bar along with 2 more rock lights.
Topped off missing fluids
Cleaned maf and intake from rollover
New air filter
Waiting on new fan relays to come in.
Trimmed out a replacement hood, just waiting on new hood pin kits.

Still need to replace a section of brake line in the rear that got smashed.

Almost loonie ready.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.