Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Meet "Lady"

2K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  xj-james 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm not sure if she is a wheeler yet, or not...........but she is kind of cute for a dog.

I haven't been a dog owner for over 20 years, this will be interesting.:confused:

#13 · (Edited)
I know I'm bringing up an old post, but it goes with the "Meet Lady" theme.

Today we had a door to door salesmen show up at my house at 8:30pm. He got to "Meet" Lady personally. (to the point I think he wet his pants) She is only 8 months old, but her bark comes from her toes :teehee::teehee:)

She would not back off from this guy even when I called her, she was not going let this guy onto the sidewalk of the house. I had to leash her and ask the guy to leave.

Okay, this is the question, should I be concerned about how agressive she is getting toward strange guys, or should I just smile, and sleep better tonight.

On a side note, my wife really has not bonded with this dog until today, right now she is hugging her and brushing her fur, telling her that she is a good dog for scaring someone away.:sonicjay:

#17 ·
y dog does the same thing when someone knock on the door she barks and runs to the door and sits there and keep barking once you get to the door she stand in front of you and she either barks at the person if she doesn't know them or just goes and lies back down if she knows them

#18 ·
After having a dog now who has a fear of strange men, I wouldn't write it off as nothing. At the time, I didn't think much of it but now we have a dog that has to be "managed" around strangers, specifically men.

We had a behaviorist come out and she gave us a couple things to do. Put your dog on a leash and have "strangers" come up to you to speak to you, not paying attention to the dog. Then have stranger give dog treats without paying attention to the dog. The dog will then learn that strangers are not bad but come with goodies.

Your dog is young enough that you should be able to have success with this. I realize that some want a dog that is protective however, you don't want a dog that could be a liability. Say your son is rough housing and the dog deems this as an issue. Our issues started out with small incidents like this at around your dog's age. Our dog was very well socialized and we really can't pinpoint why/how he got this way.

If I had it to do over again, I would not have brushed it off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.