Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Diesel techs?

2K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  8PTBUCK 
#1 ·
I have a 2006 Chevy 6.6l LBZ and need a water pump replaced. Just started leaking antifreeze and that seems to be where it's coming from. It doesn't look like that bad of a job, but a lot more complicated than changing one on a 350sbc! Anyway, just looking to see if anybody on here can do this for me and give me a ball park on price.

If this is posted in the wrong section, please move it. Thanks:thumb:

#5 ·
$1200?!?!? HOLY FUKC! I have been looking at diesel forums and yea the balancer has to come off, along with a lot more. After looking at it, I think I can tackle it. I just would like to see what somebody would charge me before I buy a couple specialty tools.

I think the hardest part is getting the balancer off.

#7 ·
Talk to Tom, see what he says. I'm sure he could do it in about 4 or 5 hours. If he could do it in a day that would be nice. Let me know.

I don't need EFI Live Lol PPE is fine for now. Unless he wants to trade me EFI for my PPE, then he can sell the PPE for more than he can put the EFI in for.

#8 ·
No it really doesn't after reading a few forums and watching a HOW TO on Youtube. I feel like my only problem would be getting the balancer off. I would rather do it myself but want to see what somebody would charge to do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.