Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

I am grounding my kids from trick or treating

5K views 66 replies 43 participants last post by  BUTLER 
#1 ·
Warning after warning after warning. I leave to meet up with some friends. Wife calls to tell me kids just got into a fight. Daughter shoved my son. He flips over backwards and slams his head just shy of a table. Son whips tv remote at sister....misses and shatters the glass in a picture frame.

At this point I just ground them. We attended a Halloween party Saturday nite. Couldn't find a sitter so I dish out another warning. If you screw up at all tonight kiss Halloween goodbye. Well. Apparently they got into a scuffle over a stationary bike. Son wanted to ride the bike. Daughter yanks him off the bike ripping his costum we just bought. So in return pulls on his sisters costum and rips hers too.......

How long past Halloween should I keep them grounded? :d:

#11 ·
As part of punishment make them hand out candy. As a rule on groundings when damage is done I have them stay grounded until they do enough work around the house to pay for the damaged items. Set prices and the goal amount in the beginning. Not only does it teach them it was wrong, but it also teaches them the value of a buck.

#13 ·
Damn I use to fight like that with my sister about 5 years ago. I always tried, but always lost. I would get the shit beat outta me cause I was so small and it was three girls against me. Then I would get grounded and get in trouble because they all would "testify" against me.

#30 ·
At Sunday school this week, my 11 year old sons class had to write down their goals on paper and hand them into the teacher. Most of the kids were writing they wanted to go to heaven, or graduate from college. Not my kid, he wrote down that his goal was to watch the whole season of South Park and drink beer (no I do not allow him to watch the South Park or drink beer). So when I talk to Dr. Phil I will mention your issues!!

BTW it is just sibling rivalry and will never end. My 17 year old and 11 year old battle every day. I grew up with an older and younger sister, the older one used to whip my ass daily until I was around 12-13 and got tired of it and gave her a taste of her own medicine. She never touched me after that.

#34 ·
Not my kid, he wrote down that his goal was to watch the whole season of South Park and drink beer (no I do not allow him to watch the South Park or drink beer).
your kid sounds cool, and your a nazi for suppressing his beer drinking and southpark watching ways:tonka:

#31 ·
if i did wrong as a kid, id either get the belt, horse whip, end of a metal wire fly swatter, huge wooden spoon... i cant wait to have kids so i can beat them:woot:

#32 ·
Next time make them sit back to back on the floor. and they can not get up untill they give each other a hug and say there sorry and mean it. Then make them clean the other room or do there chores together. and every time they yell or hit its another 1 min hug time.

Yea I was a mean mom...:tonka:

#44 ·
Dave, are you seriously not going to let them out on Halloween? :(

I would punish them another way but still let them go- it's family fun tradition. They'll remember this when they are older and they'll put you in a crappy nursing home. Paybacks are a bitch

:tonka:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.