Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

rubicon axles on 99tj

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Chiefwoohaw 
#1 ·
was looking at purchasing rubicon axles for my 99 tj and was wondering would be involved in doing the swap or if it would be even worth it.

#2 ·
You'll need the required hardware to actuate the lockers.

Otherwise, they should bolt in and also give you an instant boost in gearing if you don't already have 4.10's. Your driveshaft lengths will change also.

#4 ·
Good call :thumb:

#9 ·
I'm going to make a non-educated guess that the suspension mounts would need to be cut off/reworked. The wheels would need to be replaced since the bolt pattern is different. He'd possibly need custom driveshafts since the joints are different, too.

And another non-educated guess that someone spending coin on rubicon axles wants to bolt them in, no fuss, no muss...

Regardless, the rear is discs, right? So the brake system should be given attention at that time, as well.

#10 ·
I assumed that he'd have to do something about his driveshafts anyway, but I wasn't thinking that the control arm mounts were going to be vastly different (dimensionally) than a TJ. I agree on the rear disc proportioning, but that might so complicated with the use of a JK prop valve.

And he could always buy Kennedy's wheels/tires if he feels like rolling the dice on getting them. :tonka:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.