Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Lighting Bang-for-Buck?

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Icemanii 
#1 ·
Hey Gang, what's the vox populi say about offroad lighting? Where is the best bang for the buck in terms of offroad specific lights? Way back in the 80's, I used to wheel a 74' Stepside Dodge, and I bought two off-brand spot lights from Meijer's (Dorcy brand, maybe?) and they seemed to work really well. 30 years later, things must be improved beyond that, and they didn't work badly at all. So, between KC, Delta, Hella, and etc, and some of the different bulb options (LED, HID, etc), what is the best path to enlightenment (get it?)? Again, not what is the best at any price, but what's the best in terms of bang-for-buck?

Thanks for the opinions!
AC

#6 ·
All depends on what you need the lights for. Some guys want to light a 1/2 mile, some want to light 100ft.

IMO, for basic trail riding, and any slow speed wheeling, then $10 tractor lights in a flood pattern are about the best deal out there. TSC / harbor freight / walmart/ meijers all usually have them.

#7 ·
Front Bumper I have KC' Slim Lights for long range illumination. Have another set on the windshield hinges, but can't think of when I have ever used them.

For actual rock crawling at night, agree with Hag gar, TSC $10 specials. Have some tucked up under the rig out of the way for putting light right in front of the wheels. Work great, cheap, and easy to mount with a rubber-coated housing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.