Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Front GM 10 bolt ???

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  KILLER"B"468 
#1 ·
some crazy questions :sonicjay:

i know that a D44 and a 10 bolt are very similar but will a front D44 carrier fit into a Front GM 10 bolt housing?

also i know that a rear GM 10 bolt has 30 spling shafts. so can i use the rear 10 bolt spyder gears for 30 spline and stick front Dana 44 shaft into a 10 bolt housing?

that should test ya:thumb:

#2 ·
The D44 carrier will not fit in the 10 bolt. Why not just put the whole carrier in instead of just the spiders. I believe the hub on the 30 spline is bigger then the 28 spline. As far as the spline fitting it should. but I believe the shafts are short and long 1/2 between the dodge and a chevy. Find you a newer housing from a 88-90 suburban they will have 30 spline shafts in the front.

#4 ·
Jeepinlunatic said:
from what i have seen now. i can use gears, spools, spyders, carriers, all from a rear chevy 10 bolt 8.5 and it will fit and interchange with my front 10 bolt 8.5" .

am i correct?

:tonka:

#8 ·
Jeepinlunatic said:
from what i have seen now. i can use gears, spools, spyders, carriers, all from a rear chevy 10 bolt 8.5 and it will fit and interchange with my front 10 bolt 8.5" .

am i correct?
Yes you will still need to match the length of your old 28 spline inner's to the new 30 spline inners. The outers are the same.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.