Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

North oakland county peeps.... who lives in that HUGE mansion on brewster road?

21K views 40 replies 19 participants last post by  Mommabear 
#1 ·
.. on the west side of the road between silverbell and dutton.... Jesus that must be 40,000 sq ft!

Anyone know who lives there? It would seem tobe out of reach even for many of the big name lions/pistons/etc.

dayum...

#15 ·
The gates were open today, though we could see that one, but the other house is nicer *looking*. Dunno abou interiors. The one on brewster looks like an estate with the huge lawn in front of it...better presentation.

#20 ·
You guys need to check out the new home of the President of the Pistons. I forgot the guys name, but I pass by the house everytime I drive my sister to school. It's on Lasher Rd. between Long Lake Rd. and Vaughan Rd. They tore down 2 or 3 multimillion dollar homes to build this one. I heard the home was 20-30mil and upwards or 35,000sq. ft.

This is where it is, but google maps hasn't updated the picture.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...,-83.26367&spn=0.00207,0.003895&t=h&z=18&om=1

#26 ·
.. on the west side of the road between silverbell and dutton.... Jesus that must be 40,000 sq ft!

Anyone know who lives there? It would seem tobe out of reach even for many of the big name lions/pistons/etc.

dayum...
it's about 1/2 that actually (22,000+/- sq ft not counting basement, or gym).

Mr. Thomas Hammond (as mentioned the ceo of flagstar) owns it. it also shows up on maps.live.com 's birdseye view if you wanna take a peek around back. It is huge, but the architecture is uninspired. another fun fact - mr. hammond owned the 'cottage' that my inlaws bought back (they were the original owners) out in Canadian Lakes. Supposedly he had never been to the place - bought it on a whim, and then rented it out. (it's a 2,400+/- sq ft prow pt on the water)

While not normally my style, I actually prefer Mr. Moceri's house on Silverbell, with the cascading waterfall - the commercial office style, wave glass wall on the golf-course side and the oriental inspired swimming/wading pool with integral gazebo.

#31 ·
The one on the east side of Brewster is the Flagstar guy.
I heard it was 70K sq ft. for him and his wife, no kids.

That number came from a Moceri.
nowhere near 70k sq ft - even if one did include the basement and gym. (for shits n giggles I checked the sketch performed by the assessor)

Oakland Township is under contract with my old employer to perform the assessing services - they physically measure each and every house to the .1 of a foot (from the exterior) in order to calculate gross square footage to utilize in their mass appraisal model. Other assessors may round to the nearest 1/2 foot, or even round to the nearest whole foot - so long as they are uniform within their assessing jurisdiction it all nets out in the valuation model/methodologies

#32 ·
for what it's worth - assessing records (including the property sketches) are a matter of public record. Most are not easily found online, but as an example Oakland County has a pay-for-service online application where one can access many of the jurisdictions inside Oakland County to review assessing/tax records, as well as the digital sketches of the buildings (if any).

Just remember that 12/31 is tax day for the following year - so for example if a house is being built in the spring/summer of 2008, and you inquire as to the status of that record/sketch in that same year - it will be based on the vacant parcel as of 12/31/2007 and thus vacant...

further - BSAsoftware.com is the prevailing vendor for software for assessing and taxation systems in Michigan. They operate their PRD database with varied participation among their clients and have many municipalities' data hosted - including many 'up north'

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.