Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

72 Series Land Rover

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  1 Ton Macho 
#1 ·
1972 LAND ROVER SERIES III
Station Wagon- 88 -Petrol-overdrive
- New Motor -

Picked up this NAS 1972 LR Series 3 from South Texas in 2004 and it originally came from the South West. Was built in England for the North American market, Left hand drive and ordered new with the tropical sun sheet hard top to help keep the inside cool. Had minimal surface rust when I purchased it but has started to grow in the usual places. Garaged in the winter months to keep it off the salty roads. PO installed a new rover 2.25 motor built by Turner Engineering from the UK ( $5,000 ) and only put less than 10,000 miles on the new engine. The rover was parked for 3 years and needed all hydrolic seals replaced to make it road worthy again when I purchased it. Manual 4 speed all synchronized transmission shifts like it should, strong t-case, new rover axles. This was my driver for the past two years and I have gone through and rebuild or replaced many parts to make it reliable : replaced the entire brake, clutch, and fuel system. New 32” MT tires, new interior seats, new aluminum Defender style window tops for better ventilation. The Rover looks great for its age but still had the growing cancer I had to deal with sooner or later. Well, this spring I decided to do a completely strip down to the frame and deal with the cancer. I found the boxed chassis to be solid except for the front horns in front of the hangers. That is the only two spots on the original frame that have to be cut/replaced. (I will repair the frame and POR15 it soon) Many parts have been media blasted and are ready for paint. The bulkhead will need new replacement footwell panels and a few spots patched.
Comes with original removable hard top, Defender brush guard/roof rack. The Rover is mechanicly sound and just needs replacement panels, spring bushings, shocks, exhaust, and new paint. I have over $9,000 invested, will take $5,000 firm “AS IS” or I can complete the rebuild and sell for $10,000 turn key 414-446-4893 Milwaukee

Attachments

See less See more
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.