Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Cabin rentals

3K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  joe_jeep 
#1 ·
Looking for ideas on places with good size cabins or the end of August. Room to sleep atleast 10 with room for tents. Orv trails would be good, near by bars or good would be perfect. Lake near by on on the water would be the best.

Where should we look??

#4 ·
they have sick houses up there to rent.like 1200 for 4 days.silver lake has many cabins and rentals,indian river has some cool places to rent.lots to do there also.in the u.p.trout lake,christmas,deerpark,marquette,all the u.p. has cool spots if you look around. we always use to rent a house in indian river.cheap and really nice.take a boat truck and dirt bikes.you can run chain of lakes, hit the trails and 2 track.3 bars in town and some killer places to eat.

#5 ·
We stayed in Grand Marias last year right in town behind the Brewery. There are trails in every direction plenty of sights. A camp ground was two blocks away and the week we were there they had their music fest. The out fitter across the road does canoe trips and Quads. The wife kids and I had a great time there.

#6 ·
Jose lake cabin rentals in south branch. Right on the lake which is super clear and quiet. They have some falt bottom boats for use by people staying there. Prices are great and you can ride to the trails. Also not far from Mio and you can ride to Bull Gap from south branch. You would need to rent more than one cabin but they are $75 and night full furnished and they have plenty of grills sitting around. Nice Bon fire pit near the lake a play ground for kids. There is a store that has most things you might need and gas. They have. Web site check them out. We state there a few weeks ago and rode all over including to Lake Huron. Also near the Au Sable if you want to float the river.

#11 ·
the single track has a crap load of rocks.not my first pick for bikes!

#14 ·
I don't care really. Some fast single tracks is what I'm into. Couple hours say 3 max since there is others going to.

Erin that is the exact reason Drummond isn't on the top of the list

#20 ·
I graduated from petoskey and rode the tomahawk trails every weekend as well as a hand f of private tracks. I'm done riding in that area.

Duece228. The reason I started this thread was we all wanted to stay in clear lake. Perfect area we all know it and I know the woods there. Bar behind us and all. Clear lake resorts doesn't have a cabin big enough to house us all and won't allow tents to be used. So they are out of the question unfortunately.

#23 ·
Try Clear Lake Cabins on Clear Lake (all sports) Near West Branch. They have multiple cabins and we had a great time when we stayed with them a few years ago. BIG plus, they are walking distance to the Clear Lake Bar. GREAT food!!

#24 ·
That's where I wanted to stay but doesn't have anything that would fit our needs. We all would like a private cabin where we don't have to use a community fire pit and bother people near by us. The jury is still out. Cabin ten would work but won't rent it by the weekend. 1400 for the week is a little much since we will only be there 2 nights.

#25 ·
benjamins beaver creek resort, otsego lake. just south of gaylord, just north of waters. 100 yards your in the lake. even closer and there is a killer beer/liquor store. great micro brew selection. the trails are nearby. bars, taverns, and resturants all over. owners/staff is real cool. indoor pool, sauna, hot tub, adult game room. the bigger cabins sleep 12, and have an attached garage for working on your sled/quad. i snowmobiled out of there this year, it was great!
enjoy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.