Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

how to level out a 2wd c1500

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Michigan ZJ 
#1 ·
i have a coworker that asked me if i could help him level out his 2wd chevy but im not sure how the front end is set up. i see it has coil springs but i dont know much else. i think its a 96 or so. he wants it leveled out so it dosnt ride so nose down. can coil spacers be purchased or is it better to get new coils. i dont think he will need new shocks or brake lines because he just wants it riding at stock or maybe 1" over stock in the front. he needs about 2" to get what he wants. any pointers on how to accomplish this would be helpful.

#2 ·
I just did coil spacers in one of those last week. The job was relatively painless, but the spring compressor didn't like the tight springs. The customer wanted his aluminum spacers put under the springs. It raised it up approx 2" and it did level it out nice. Will defiantly need a alignment after because the camber will be way out.

I think the biggest bitch of the job was getting the shocks out without screwing them up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.