Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Project 97 XJ..

8K views 80 replies 14 participants last post by  jhnyquest 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, I got a new Jeep, and I am not sure what I want to name the build thread, so it will be the same name as my 1st build, but version 2.0..

Just picked this up the other night for $1000 it is a 1997 cherokee with 4.0 and 5 speed man. trans. The guy threw on a bunch of new parts and sensors. It has high miles on it, but hey its a toy, so I am not too worried about the mileage. It has a budget boost lift on it (3" springs up front, and 2.5" shackles in the rear with flat leafs) it has brand new 30x9.5 tires on it with eagle alloy wheels painted black. It just had a brand new clutch installed as well as other transmission parts replaced. It has rust, and dents, but the under side is actually real clean. My plans are to build it like my last XJ, but maybe a bit bigger and better..

I have started removing the brackets for the flares (no flares were on it when i got it) and cutting and folding the fenders. It will probably be a slower build, but hey it should be fun:thumb:

Pics from the night I brought it home..

Attachments

See less See more
#47 ·
So I got my bumper back from jhnyquest last night, and decided to throw some paint on it this afternoon, then after the paint dried I figured I would test fit it using the stock mounts for now (I still need to remove crap in order to use the frame tie ins)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.