Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

House offer was accepted...

3K views 58 replies 40 participants last post by  farm_boy 
#1 ·
Weif and I should be taking the keys to our new house just outside of Allegan at the end of January :woot:

Rosie thanks you for taking the time to read this unimportant to you, but very exciting for us bit of news :bdr2:

#17 ·
Congratulations. You just bought into one of the most failing markets in the U.S.

Apparently you didn't take economics. You should have waited another year until Michigan's housing market hits a low. The house you just bought will be worth less than you paid in 1 month.

#21 ·
congrats on the house! I will keep an eye out for Jenny to come on TV and promote what a good job she has done on getting you to move into pure michigan.

now for the bad news, prepared to be taxed and your house is now worth less than what you paid for it.

at least we have two more good people to join the resistance.

#23 ·
Should I go ahead and call the waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaambulance for the MI economy and housing market now? or once we get there? :stan: :sonicjay:

I know y'all are probably bitter about the economics since you've seen the decline in the past few years and can't possible imagine why anyone would WANT to come there... But remember the grass is always greener!

Here's our version of the insanity out here and why we have to leave: Every hillside is covered by condos built or being built
I usually can't hit more than 25-30 mph on ANY road while going to work because of traffic.
Starter homes are 400K and up and nothing has acreage unless you want to commute 1.5 hours each way

Out there, we'll have a home that we can afford, with land we can call our own, and don't plan on leaving the home for many years all the while building equity. Eventually the market will rise again just like it always does, and all will be well in the world :woot:

Besides, now we'll get to drink/camp/wheel with anyone out there dumb enough to befriend us :sonicjay: :sonicjay:

#26 ·
as much of a crappy economy as it is, there are still those that are fortunate enough to be doing very well if not better due to it. And it is a great time to buy a house. congrats!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.