Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Sckool me on getting rid of raccoons.

9K views 105 replies 45 participants last post by  sampuppy1 
#1 ·
So moved into a new house recently, and in the pole barn it is INFESTED with raccoons. Like 6+ raccoons. The barn had no doors on one side of it for a few years and they are in the walls and ceiling of the drywalled front half of the barn.
How should I go about getting rid of them? I have no issue with killing them.
I do not currently own any guns.

#11 ·
Get the live traps from places like TSC. Place a small bit of Fish in each. Once the coo s are trapped dispose of how you wish. Safest for all involved. ***** are mean as hell and if get in there and don't kill them they may attack you.

#15 ·
Don't try and beat one to death with a shovel, I can promise you that it will take way longer than expected and is very tiring and traumatic for all parties involved. That shit gave me PTSD for a week.

#21 ·
Poisoning animals is about the cruelest way to kill them. If live traps and relocation isn't an option, do them in as quick and clean as possible. No sense making them suffer.

#32 ·
Lure them outside of the barn with rat poison & tuna fish. Make sure you close up the barn before they can get back in. That is if you want to kill them quick and simple. Not always the best solution, just an old polish farmer trick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.