Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

My day at Bundy {mall crawlers inside}

5K views 42 replies 25 participants last post by  deathbypsi 
#1 ·
Had a fricken awesome day at Bundy today. Me and the soon-to-be wife went up with my buddies in BorderLine4x4 for a great day of wheelin. We had some pretty well equipt trucks in the group along with some mild daily drivers and that made for a fun mix. Lots of recovery today,lots of mud,one trailside repair,no major breakage and perfect weather!
Today was the first real test for my Bronco since doing the complete drivetrain swap and the POS kicked ass all day. I have never wheeled in something with this much power on tap. I learned that to much skinny pedal in the soft bottemless mud would just dig myself straight down to the frame in about 2 seconds.But the power was amazing when I was pulling everybody out. I give the Bronco an A- for the day{broke my parking brake cable which rubbed my tire all day}.
And again Dawn{wife} took the Liberty out and did a great job.She gets better everytime we go out.She follows her spotters instructions even against her own judgement and that damn Liberty has impressed me again for having no flexibilty and opens.With at least a rear locker and some sliders she will be much more impressive.

We all gave the RTI ramp a shot also.

See less See more
#10 ·
I was in a green 93 ZJ lifted with 32's. We had a blaast as it looks like you guys did. Hopee to see you up there again!! I'll inttroduce myself next time.
The one with the tube doors blasting up that huge hill? Yeah I always think Im gonna meet more people from this site when I go but I never seem to run into anyone.

Looks like you guys had an awesome day. Thats also a nice looking j10 in the back ground of the last pic.
The j10 was cool for sure but I was more impressed with the trailer! ...but Im a Ford guy so no offense:poke:

#12 ·
I think somebody in our group got a vid of you blasting up that hill. Heard a lot of people talking about your huge balls after that!

#16 ·
Oh I remember seeing THAT one! You were the guy riding the green atv wearing a helmet right?:sonicjay:

Just kidding dude! I swear trucks had to have been out numbered buy ATV's 4 to 1.

#19 ·
Our buddy in the Durango was having a rough day and my woman wasnt making it any easier on him with all her shit talking everytime he got stuck or hung up.So of course I couldnt pass up a photo opp of her getting pulled of a little sand pile!

#27 ·
Ha! Thats cool!

Wish I could have come with you guys Brian. Stupid work.
There will be many more chances!
today was my first time there and i loved it. i was just about to make a thread just like this. I'll post some of my pice later if you dont mind the hijack
The mods would prefer if all pix from same day events are kept in one thread anyway. Post em up.

I thought that was you that we saw! Knew I shoulda went to check. Well.....next time!

Looks like you all had as much fun as we did.:thumb:
Yeah great time again. It didnt hit me til later that was your jeep.The wheels threw me off,plus I did see any other NWOC with you. Next time!

#37 ·
well i think i did pretty good considering ive only been wheeling 2 other times prior to this i try not to tear my jeep up to much considering i drive it to the park and i have my kids with me so i dont feel like walking home from jerome to eastpointe lol that would be a long walk

#28 ·
Here's some pics from the day. I had a great time. My alternator went out so I drove home in the middle of our group with no lights to save the battery. It got me about an hour from home so I traded with Kevin and drove home on his battery.
Worked out better than expected.

Might need bumpstops....

My jeep did the same as Cole's here

Lockers woulda helped

Our group

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.