Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

F fith third bank, list of places not too bank!!!!!!!

4K views 68 replies 38 participants last post by  ovrlnd 
#1 · (Edited)
Not going into detail.

There out to screw people!
on there checking accounts!!!!!
Thats all I have to say!!!!!
Watch out. I will no longer put my money there!

Franklin bank is out to put a pounding 2 you!!!!

#4 ·
YUP! I was approved for an auto loan through them, showed up to sign the papers and they said I was denied. So I proceeded to close all my accounts through them at which time the teller told me I could NOT withdraw all my money out of my accounts. After a big scene and 2 managers I finally got my money back. FUKC 5/3!!

#5 ·
long story short

had low amount of money in my account.... went to bank first thing in the am deposited bunch of CASH

went to gas station used debit card......
aparently they decided to take out the days debits before posting my cash deposit..
oy yeah and each bounce fee is $148
by the time the bounce the crap out of my account it ends up costing me $900 and to those who say you should fight it.I was politely told to get F****D

PRICE AN ATTORNEY ONCE

#11 ·
Your reciept should have a time stamp that they must go by. Quit crying like a little bitch, trying going in as a respectful Adult with your reciept and talk to the branch manager.

If you are not lying the fees will get reversed. Then ask to opt out of overdrafts. If you don't have the money you will get declined instead of bouncing.

I'm a banker and wish you luck!

#24 ·
Im glad you know me so well! Nope I didnt talk to anybody important at all I guess. Maybe you should give me someone importants number.
Thanks for trying to get me going and have a nice day GEE IMAGINE THAT A BANKER DEFENDING PRACTICES OF BANKS!!!!!!!!!!
No, I don't know you but you sound like a entitled crybaby from your post. If you have a receipt go get your money back by doing what I previously told you to do but I now seriously doubt you do. Saying I was defending the bank when I wasn't is another indicator of your intelligence. Since you appear to be a tool I hope they bend you over!

This place has turned into "Got Mud" overnight. Will the retards please leave!!

#28 ·
No, I don't know you but you sound like a entitled crybaby from your post. If you have a receipt go get your money back by doing what I previously told you to do but I now seriously doubt you do. Saying I was defending the bank when I wasn't is another indicator of your intelligence. Since you appear to be a tool I hope they bend you over!

This place has turned into "Got Mud" overnight. Will the retards please leave!!
What's your problem with Got Mud, douche? Nothing like this happens over there.

I'm tired of this site's mental midgets slamming Got Mud or people that are into the bogging scene. If you don't like how things go over there, stay the fuck off the site.

Edit: I just seen your last post. Not too long ago you were a supreme cockgobbler douchbag fucktard. You seemed to grow up but now your back to your petty bullshit. Just stop it.

#7 ·
i went to a credit union and they were taking out like 5$ a month of my account and charging me for stuff like using there atm or deposited checks costed 1.75 and crap like that. seemed like money was disappearing without explanations every couple days. i have no idea how or why but i went there and told them to f off and withdrew all my money and now have it hidden in my room until i get a new bank..god dam it.

#8 ·
i went to a credit union and they were taking out like 5$ a month of my account and charging me for stuff like using there atm or depoisted checks costed 1.75 and crap like that. seemed like money was disappearing without explanations every couple days. i have no idea how or why but i went there and told them to f off and withdrew all my money and now have it hidden in my room until i get a new bank..god dam it.
hopes any friends you have on here are honest........cuz that could get interesting

#10 ·
I paid Franklin Bank a ton of fees for a loan to move a house. I was pre-approved and they said they have made loans like this before. After 3 months, a buch documents sent back and forth (we called it "document of the week"), they denied our loan because they said they were afraid of the risk of moving a house. What a waste of time and my money.

#16 ·
Chemical bank is like that too, they won't post CASH deposits until they feel like it pretty much. They have been better about it lately though. I made a cash deposit at 3pm on a FRIDAY that they did not put in my account until MONDAY and I got hit with fees because of the stuff I bought over the weekend. I know the branch manager and she took care of it, but I was still pissed. I only will deal with the branch my friend is at though, once she is gone I will no longer bank there. She will post my cash deposits right away.

I use my Credit Union for 90% of my stuff, even ATM deposits are available immediately no BS charges for anything.

#20 ·
i got screwed by national city many times. will never bank w them again! lost thousands of dollars because of their idiot tellers in overdraft fee's. On a STUDENT banking account! which is *free of overdraft and atm fee's* Switched to bank of america have not had a single issue in 2.5 yrs. Closed all my accounts at national city years ago and still get quarterly bank statements from them. have gone back countless times to clairify that i do not have an account but still get statements.

#21 ·
yep I wrote off 5/3 8 yrs ago, did same shit to me, so I went to atm and withdrew as much as I could around $500, then that was that. Then wanted the 5 yrs for it to clear and no longer worry about them. I now bank with Wachovia/Wells Fargo never had any issues with them, had one mishap, my fault, but they cleared it up and none of that excess fee shit.

#25 ·
Tell her to keep a check registrar and watch her finances and she won't get "burned" by the bank. She had to over draft TWO items to get slammed with $63 worth of fees. Actually don't tell her because we love taking fees from stupid people and will only be able to on debit cards till July thanks to the Gov, but stupid peoples written checks are still able to have fees! Yay for Stupid people because they keep the banking industry chugging along!

:woot:

#23 ·
I've got Charter One and Chase.

Charter One only because they have a satellite office in my work thats open 7 days a week on the odd chance I need to make a trip to the Bank in person. 99% of the time I use my debit card and my check is direct deposited. And on of the tellers is the sister of a girl I'm friends with so I get good treatment there.

Chase holds all my school funds for rents/utilities/groceries etc. I have separate checks and debit card for this account that I don't take out unless I need to - so I don't blow it on something else.

I don't have any complaints but I'm thinking of switching my main checking/debit card to a bank with some kinda reward (and a bank with branches more readily available) since I use my debit card for basically everything.

#26 ·
well sorry to hear you had an issue with 5/3.

Personally we have banked there for many years without issue and customer service above and beyond any other bank.

I have had numerous loans with them with zero issues.

when the mrs. card number got jacked and was frauded for several thousand dollars, they immediately replaced the missing funds, covered the late fees we incurred on payments, not to mention waived all overdraft issues. they even called to tell us they caught the people involved in the theft a few months later.

I went one day to make a large withdrawl. i was at the counter and the manager came out and asked me to come into the office. I went in there and he shut the door and told me that he felt the lobby was too busy and did not feel comfortable with handing over the amount in front of so many people. He gave me the money in his office and wanted to make sure that I was not a target due to the large amount of money. I thought that was very astute of him personally.

#37 ·
you can Add Keystone bank to that account. hidden in their contract, it says they can randomly charge you for using your debit card. Not just at ATMS, but at stores, gas stations etc. There charges for using the debit are pro-rated depending on how much u spend. we just had 2 $60 charges for using our debit cards on a $600 purchase, and a $1300 purchase.

FUCK keystone.

#38 ·
QUOTE from =jeepfreak81

"Chemical bank is like that too, they won't post CASH deposits until they feel like it pretty much. They have been better about it lately though. I made a cash deposit at 3pm on a FRIDAY that they did not put in my account until MONDAY and I got hit with fees because of the stuff I bought over the weekend. I know the branch manager and she took care of it, but I was still pissed. I only will deal with the branch my friend is at though, once she is gone I will no longer bank there. She will post my cash deposits right away."

at all chemical banks cut off is before 3:00 to post that days credit or before7:00 at a atm. you were late so dont hammer the bank for your lack of timeing !

ive been at chemical bank for over 18 yrs. and they are a stand up bank !

#55 · (Edited)
at all chemical banks cut off is before 3:00 to post that days credit or before7:00 at a atm. you were late so dont hammer the bank for your lack of timeing !

ive been at chemical bank for over 18 yrs. and they are a stand up bank !
No that is a bullshit policy, CASH should post immediately. There is NO good reason that is shouldn't they have it, they should admit it and have it readily available. That is why the only business Cock-bag bank gets is a tiny account we keep in town for last minute stuff because my Credit Union is in Flint - they post ANYTHING immediately, even at an ATM. I wouldn't even have that local account, but my wife opened it before our wedding.

If your spelling and grammar are any sort of indication of the people running the bank, I now know why they have to do that kind of shady shit to make money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.