Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

So, my friend got a great welcome home gift from his wife when he got home from Iraq

2K views 27 replies 23 participants last post by  ckupq 
#1 ·
On Wed, my friend just returned from duty in Iraq. He was a "lurk" over there.. Anyways, he has been sending all his paychecks home to his wife, who he married just before departing to Iraq..

He returned to his house, empty.. Even though his wife was telling him everything was fine...

The house had ben taken back by the bank (the house was put in her name because of him having no credit, and she having great credit.), his "wife" now has a kid who is almost a year old, and she is living with her new boyfriend..

Way to support our troops.

#9 ·
One of my best friends is in Kuwait 'acclimateing' and is due in Camp Anaconda in 5 days. He has a new gf at home that is watching his finances with me reviewing bank accts secretly online. He too has seen this happen.

#11 · (Edited)
clarkstoncracker said:
he married just before departing
This is THE single biggest mistake made by anyone in military uniform.
Live and learn.

I see these folks every day:
The suddenly very wealthy young widow with a child who has never been seen by the father. With her new boyfriend.
and
The broke disabled veteran trying to restart his life living in his parents basement.

#12 ·
I'm so sorry. This is a horrible thing to do. She's a selfish, immature, POS skank. I hope that he can realize that he is much better off without her, and he can move on. This has got to be one of the lowest things a person can do. Please let him know that WE appreciate all that he has done even though she doesn't.

As the saying goes "what goes around, comes around". She'll get hers some day.

#14 ·
i dont know much about the legal system, so please forgive me for asking this but cant he sue her for the money that she used? i would say that she stole it, but he technically gave it to her, me personally i would make her dissipear somewhere in the UP

#15 ·
Just a Spouse said:
I'm so sorry. This is a horrible thing to do. She's a selfish, immature, POS skank. I hope that he can realize that he is much better off without her, and he can move on. This has got to be one of the lowest things a person can do. Please let him know that WE appreciate all that he has done even though she doesn't.

As the saying goes "what goes around, comes around". She'll get hers some day.

X2:junk:

#22 ·
Sorry to hear that but G man is right ....never put full trust in anyone , it's a shame to think this way but CC has just told us about the reality of life.

All I say is do not blame the kids or kid as they had nothing to do with it but if you want to hang the B@#$h I'm sure we can find some rope.

#23 ·
Trust NO ONE including your mother . I Pity the fools that never learn that .
When my father shipped out on his first destroyer cruise in 1944, his mother sold his shotgun, rifle, and car. When asked why, she said "I wasn't sure if you were coming back and it seemed like such a waste".

Awesome family dynamics.

#25 ·
Man, I thought this was going to be a HAPPY post. I was thinking he might have gotten new set of tires, lifted, and a winch. Instead he got left by a wench. I had a simular thing happen to me, but it was shortly after I got out of the Army. I feel for the guy.

AWK

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.