Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Need new phone input

3K views 38 replies 20 participants last post by  jbsjunk 
#1 ·
I've owned an iPhone since the first but the iPhone 6 is by no means any better than the 5/5s so ive been looking at the galaxy s5. Anyone have any input about this phone or android?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#22 ·
#3 ·
I've had my S5 for less than a week (upgraded from RAZR maxx) and I'm impressed. The ir blaster let's you use it as a remote control, water resistant, you can actually change the battery without tools or voiding your warranty, and it's pretty fast. Apple just keeps stringing their fans along model after model while everyone else is way ahead...

#6 ·
Agreed I just moved over from iphone to Android, its leaps and bounds better than iPhone. I love being able to change my battery. I bought two extra batteries and I charger.

#4 · (Edited)
My wife has continuos problems with her s5. It seems like Nast as she gets it fixed a update occurred and it's all screwed up again. She has continuous dropped calls inconsistent bars and continuing diminishing battery life. All I listen to is whine whine whine I hate my phone. I tell her to go get a new one and all she says is I'm waiting for samsung to come out with a new one that isn't a note. I don't understand her logic.

Why the hate for apple so much people. My 5s has had better stability than my 2 previous android phones. It it for the sole reason that Apple make a new one every year with not major mile stores or is it the fact you can't unlock or root these things.

#7 ·
Used iPhone from first release until this April.

I switched to a Note 3
Not sure i will ever go back.

There are some quirks, but the iphone has it's own quirks as well.
I like being able to change batteries out, one of my biggest issues with the iphone was battery life.
I like some of the things about the android better than ios

That being said I still own 3 ipads and probably 8-10 mac's of various forms (macbook pros, mac mini's, imacs) and those will not being getting displaced anytime in the near future.

#18 ·
I use a chordless Uniden Phone, the charging base is plugged in in the kitchen, the other base with the voicemail machine is plugged in downstairs in my office, I drop calls if I walk outside, but only if I go around the sidewalk that wraps around the garage, otherwise if I stay close to the house everyehwere else I am fine, so I can weed the flower gardens when I am on conference calls for work. It's dandy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.