Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Boat Names - Need suggestions

11K views 105 replies 64 participants last post by  MichiganJeeper 
#1 · (Edited)
I wanted a bigger boat this year, but with the wedding it doesn't seem like its going to happen. So, since we are keeping this boat another year or two, it needs a name.

I usually name my boats after songs but I am having a hard time on this one. My fiancee want's something by Jimmy Buffett, but I see JB songs as names all over the lake. She also liked thunderstruck but I don't feel that our boat is loud enough / fast enough / flashy enough for that name. To me it seems more appropriate for a 38ft scarab with triple 502's.

Any suggestions (doesn't have to be song names) you guys have would be great.

Here are a few that I have thought of, but I don't really love any of them.

Uneasy Rider
Outshined
Fever
Comfortably Numb
Nothing Else Matters
Turn The Page
Family Tradition
Slow Ride
Kokomo
Simple man
Another Day In Paradise

See less See more
#21 ·
Hey Graygoose
Dont know you real well but my suggestion would be name the boat as how the boat makes you feel when you are using it!
Do you feel different when you use the boat, kinda like the doctor that gets on his Harley after a tough day at work!
Your boat name needs to express who you are or who you become when you use your boat, now you have a liberator, so its kind of like the Mustang GT of the water (FORD ENGINE) from talking to you in the past I would name it "I WANT MORE" and leave it at that! people will ask you why your boat is named "I WANT MORE" then you can explain!
Good luck!
JR

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.