Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Cheap Fender Flare Solution

3K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  Fraser 
#1 ·
well at the mounds i ripped off my flares and decided to do something cheap until i get money to build tube fenders or buy some bushwackers. i took everything off, bed lined along the scratch mark the old flares left, bought some hardware from home depot for 9 bucks, bed liner was 8 bucks a can i went through one and a half. so i spent 26 bucks and about 2 hours to do this and i dont think it looks to bad. what do you guys think?

Attachments

See less See more
#16 ·
dont buy the bushwackers!
X2 waste of $$ [from a brokeass perspective]

they don't rub anymore. the points of the nuts were to have something in the holes. i can get them to rub if i take out the sway connects and flex the shit of it. im worried about hacking the fender so i dont want to cut em
ever handle power tools before? holy crap. draw a line and pay me cash and i can use a fancy nibbler on them damn

#17 ·
yeah i have but i mean its irreversible so i don't wanna mess it up. i have a hand grinder type thing i have cut fenders with before on my old 94 pos cherokee i didnt care about but its different messing with a 3500 jeep i guess for me. If your confident you think you can do a good job ill bring it over!

#22 ·
I'm surprised more guys on here don't make their own? go to Lowes and buy some Cove base in the bathroom section, it comes in gray or Black so you can do a nice job, get some self drillers and a screw gun and go. if its a rusty turd then cut that crap out and add some metal. I have rolls of the galvanized flashing that are easy to cut & form. build up the lip and then screw down the cove base over it ad it will last forever (or at least till you scrape a tree)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.