Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

ugh

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  jeepfreak81 
#1 ·
lying on your back, hacksawing a muffler out of an XJ in 90+ degree weather kinda sucks. Needless to say, my neck is going to be sore tomorrow. Its odd how its quieter now with no muffler than it ever was with the POS muffler that was on it.

#2 ·
It's not really quieter. You got rust and dirt in your ears.:sonicjay:

#3 ·
lol... I called allllll over town and nobody had a cheap muffler for an XJ. I taught those bastards with a piece of flex pipe, and some clamps! It really isn't hardly any louder than when the muffler was working though (well, from the drivers seat anyway, i don't know how everyone behind me feels about it...lol)

#4 ·
im thinking about running my dual 3in straight pipes to dump out in front of the right rear tire. thatll be fun when i pass little convertibles... AHAHAHHAHAHAHHA.

so you cut off the old one before you looked for a new one? hmmmm... have you been drinking? lol

#5 ·
No, I cut if after, however it was sooooooo loud (muffler rotted through the top, so all the sound was being directed at the floor of the vehicle) that I figured if I cut it out, and just dropped in some flex pipe to connect the cat to the tailpipe it would make it less annoying to drive, and it did.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.