Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

178K views 1K replies 146 participants last post by  Gunsworth 
#1 · (Edited)

This post has been deleted
#9 ·
Have you thought about using a Ford np205. You can swap in a 32 spline input and it will be a lot stronger. The low range is not as good but i think the torque of that 6.0 will make up for that. I think you will end up blowing up that 241.
I think you could get a Ford 205 for @ $100.00 and the input it $189.00

i'm sure you needed anopther opinion on your build. :sonicjay:

#14 ·
Jims Performance in Maryland, Best guy i ever delt with. Sent him the harness and ecm told him what trans,tcase,tire size and gear ratio.
I sent it to him he called me in 2 days said every thing tested great labled all wires and told me what fuel pump to buy.

#22 ·
Gonna stick with the 241, have a deal in the works.

When it comes time to flash the computer ill give your guy in Maryland a call, see what kinda $$ it will be. Sounds like he goes to great detail to simplify things. Thats always a plus
Becky,
I did my 6.0 swap about 4 years ago. His charge to rework the wiring harness and flash the ECM was $500. I have no idea if the price has changed but he sure was great to work with.

#26 ·
I've heard nothing but fantastic things about Jim's Performance. Average price, but great product, super fast turnaround, and outstanding customer service and support.

#33 ·
The wiring (or any of the rest for that matter) really isn't that bad guys, just a matter of following directions. It's been done lots of times and people have documented it on every Jeep forum out there. Better than basic skills are all that's necessary, you don't have to be a pro.

Maybe I should start putting LS motors in Jeeps for other people, THAT would be a fun part-time jig.

You will love the LS in your Jeep when it's done. I don't remember seeing it here, what are the axles going to be?

#37 ·
Novak makes everything so easy now it's not even fair :rolleyes:

I was pretty fussy about the way I wanted mine to sound. I ended using some Hooker block huggers (very similar to the Novaks now available), then went into a single 3" universal cat and Hushpower Pro series muffler with a full tailpipe. I am really happy with how it turned out. Here's a couple clips from the dunes where you can hear it.

http://s960.photobucket.com/albums/ae89/john_darling/?action=view&current=DSCN3708.mp4
http://s960.photobucket.com/albums/ae89/john_darling/?action=view&current=DSCN3710.mp4

#50 ·
you have a long way to go before you need to worry about mufflers.
radiator
headers
shifter
tube and air filter
tcase
adapter
computer wire and flash
new tranny and t case mount
new linkage for tcase
build new skid
driveshafts
new fuel pump and lines since your year does not have enough pressure to run the motor.

#51 · (Edited)
you have a long way to go before you need to worry about mufflers.
If you don't consider exhaust from the start you could have some serious issues before you finish. Everything you mentioned needs to be considered as a package. If you plan as you go you will do a lot of things twice, or three times.

As far as John D's goes, nice rig no doubt!, hard to tell anything from video as far as loudness goes. I know I don't want mine obnoxious, but a definite rumble when ya hit the throttle
Thanks! It's in Rockford, if you want to see/hear let me know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.