Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

***** SnoFari 2013 - The Sofficial Thread*****

153K views 2K replies 141 participants last post by  GMKLR50 
#1 · (Edited)

For those who can't view image at work the dates are January 25th-27th, 2013

Replying to this thread does not guarantee you a spot at SnoFari. You must send in your registration postmarked no sooner than November 1st, 2012

If you have never heard of SnoFari before, here is some information;

SnoFari is a family oriented Winter trail-ride that takes place on state land in and around the West Branch, Mi area. It is open to all makes and models of licensed four-wheel drive vehicles. We host a banquet dinner on Saturday night and give away TONS of awesome prizes during the raffle. The event is sanctioned by the Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association.

Click the big red letters
2013 SnoFari Registration Form

See less See more
#1,552 ·
The rig is all done! Just need to get an alignment after work, do some small touches to her:naughty:, and we should be set! :woot: Girlfriend is really excited to go! Maybe you guys know, but I sure as hell don't, but she packed last night:confused::confused::confused:

#1,559 ·
It is recommended that you have a spare tire. There are some guys who don't have them on the trail. Make sure your tires are in good shape and don't put yourself in a situation where you might need a spare. Accidents can happen and there is typically someone in the group that will loan a spare to get you back. But don't rely on that. Prepare yourself.

#1,565 ·
just an afternoon of work at most.

It is recommended that you have a spare tire. There are some guys who don't have them on the trail. Make sure your tires are in good shape and don't put yourself in a situation where you might need a spare. Accidents can happen and there is typically someone in the group that will loan a spare to get you back. But don't rely on that. Prepare yourself.

I've loaned my spare out before, several times.

One thing to keep in mind is my spare weighs 192lbs and the price for borrowing it is you have to lift it in and outta my truck :teehee:
Like kixx and Beefy said there are alot of spares out there and most will let you barrow there for a small fee. I wouldnt go buy a wheel and tire just for this event being that its only a day away but its nice to have. I have needed mine three times in 2 years, all for the same reason, blowing a bead and walking the tire off the rim. I did need it twice last snofari, I rum 16.5's so its expected with out beadlocks in cold temps. I also now carry my tire spoons, air, and a bucket to get the tires back on now.

#1,580 ·
I can't catch a break.. finally got the t-case in and drove it but it has a high pitch whine in 4h. I drained the fluid and it has some aluminum and bronze colored shavings ...this will be my third case that was ( in great working order) that has issues.. My question is should I run it this weekend or call it a loss and cancel out this year? sucks my 5yo son is so excited to go. So far I lost my trailor to bad tires and one wheel bearing my, place to stay due to to many family members going to be up there, and now my third attempt to get the t-case fixed has failed. What would some of you do in this situation?

#1,593 ·
Just remember this. If you go on a trail run with a known problem and break down, you have then fucked all the other people on that run. Even if they go on and one person stays back to help you, you have fucked that one person.

I am adamantly against starting out on a dedicated trail ride where people have paid to participate knowing that you are likely to break.

Going out with your buddies and breaking is one thing. Breaking down with total strangers in your run is another.

Breaking because shit happens is one thing. Breaking because you know you have a time bomb is another.

Hopefully there are enough people and parts that you can swap something in and you can have a good run. Good luck.:thumb:

#1,595 · (Edited)
Just remember this. If you go on a trail run with a known problem and break down, you have then fucked all the other people on that run. Even if they go on and one person stays back to help you, you have fucked that one person.

I am adamantly against starting out on a dedicated trail ride where people have paid to participate knowing that you are likely to break.

Going out with your buddies and breaking is one thing. Breaking down with total strangers in your run is another.

Breaking because shit happens is one thing. Breaking because you know you have a time bomb is another.

Hopefully there are enough people and parts that you can swap something in and you can have a good run. Good luck.:thumb:[/QUOT

This was my point. I will rip it apart tonight and see what is wrong worst case I will find what is wrong and post up to see if anyone has the parts...thanks for the advice

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.