Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

GL4x4 Motorcycle Club

271K views 2K replies 230 participants last post by  booblinker 
#1 · (Edited)
Show off your motorcycle.

mine: 1982 Honda CM250

Duffman, I know you're itching to post some pics! :)

See less See more
#429 ·
I'm still working out the details but have set the date and location.

Blessing of the Bikes
Northville, Community Park
Saturday May 14th. 1:00pm

Going to have a little Biker get together. There will be a BBQ (donations accepted only), at the pavilion. Then a Bike Blessing. Then head out for a ride for a few hours. More details to follow soon, and I will also start a thread in the M&G Forum.

If you think you can make it please post up in the M&G thread, would like to have an idea for the BBQ.

#432 ·
Nice looking bike. Did you need to do any work to it or just hop and ride?

#435 ·
had some custom work done today

it's a bad bad feeling to see a lexus coming and not be able to do anything but brace yourself and wait for it to happen...

Sittin' in the southbound lane on genessee at atherton with my left blinker on ...oncoming traffic coming through the light. No where to go and could see her bearing down on me (on her way to a soccer game). About all i could do was plant my left foot and lift my right leg and hold on... The bag just friggin' exploded (was only 36 degrees today).
I suppose i'm lucky it was just a bag and a blinker as it could easily have been my right leg taken off at the knee or thrown me into oncoming traffic.

Anyhow, I hope this is my 1 for the season and hope it serves as a reminder that the cagers are not looking for bikers this early in the season (if at they ever do).
I think i will be getting a bacon-pockets vest....

#441 ·
The tour package doesn't come off really easy. But there is a kit you can buy for 4 or 500$ that will turn it into a quick disconnect. So I think I will just leave it on all the time. And that seat is badass, the most comfortable seat I have ever used. I guess it is an add on and did not come stock, it is an air seat made by HD. And the back rest which really makes the bike look like an old man bike is also very comfy, I could ride that thing across the country no problem! Come on nice weather!!!:rock::rock:

#442 ·

rode to work on Monday...nothing but rain for the rest of the week... :( Tomorrow is supposed to be party cloudy...woohoo!

#444 ·
So now that it's almost summer how many miles have you ridden in 2011?

I bought my bike 18 days ago and have 780 or so miles in.

#450 · (Edited)
BTW We got a new ride Last Fall from the Auto Auction last fall.

Sold the Old ride (1982 Honda Silverwing) for $2500.00 on E-bay:

Here is a pic of the New Scoot the day I brought it home from the auction.
1997 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Classic, 1300 V4, Got it for $2,250.00

I worked on it this winter, Added a fairing, New rear tire and brakes, added some Safety Chrome, Changed all of the fluids to Amsoil, and a few other items.

Tac, Oil Pressure, Temp, and Volt gauges, and a Shark Audio System, with an IPod Input.

Here is a pic of it on our trip in Travers City. We are having a blast with our new bike!

Checking in at the Motel in Alpena:

This one is taken in the UP by Lake Superior

More build pics http://rides.webshots.com/album/579585278vWXfnd
More Trip pics http://rides.webshots.com/album/580175385SLgHDM

#451 ·

I just completed a 200 mile round (overnight) trip up to Traverse City to see a friend. It was pretty nice yesterday, but a little chilly. Today was full on cold…Luckily I missed the rain on the way back down. Taking the back roads up there is definitely worth it. It’s so pretty and the roads are nice and curvy. :)