Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

We're such pu**ies these days

2K views 20 replies 19 participants last post by  rallyemore 
#1 ·
#5 ·
my old man worked with a guy who would roll a marble sized drop of mercury in his hands on his lunch break then smear it all over his hands proclaiming "look! I'm the tin man!" Can't believe they're taking as far as to purge the air....overreaction is the name here. so long as the people involved didnt lick it up or rub it on themselves there wont be any harm. plus the amount in a thermometer is so minute it would take a direct injection to be noticeably harmful.

i hate how schools overreact these days

my 2 cents (mini rant over)

#7 ·
i hate how schools overreact these days

It isn't the schools...

It's the society that somehow seems motivated to sue other people to get ahead in life. Simple greed. Look at how many people jump on class action lawsuits that really have nothing to do with them or affected their life at all, they just want to make the easy buck.

If the schools didn't "over-react" the school system would get sued and the people in charge would be out of a job in their field forever.

#6 ·
What a crock of shit, Pussies about sums it up. I know when I was in junior high and they wanted to treat me like that and take my clothes/shoes it would not happen. Hell mercury is cool stuff, I have a quart jar full of it.

#10 ·
In elementary school, they gave us mercury to play with. seriously. 1984ish if I remember right. Our steel playground equipment was covered with lead paint, and the playground was gravel. If you got in a fight, it was no big deal, same with getting hurt while playing smear the queer. They might send a note home.

Now they can't even play tag or dodgeball, all the playground stuff is lame, and any type of problem they call the popo and child protective services, then label you as a shitty parent for not turning your kid into a sissy.

But, I won't be joining the pussies in the way I raise my kids. I won't be giving them mercury to play with, but they're going to be able to do all the kid shit I did growing up, except throwing jarts in the air or shooting bottle rockets at each other.

#18 ·
Thats pretty much how I feel. I've got a 3 yr old and a 4mo old and I fully expect skinned up knees and black eyes in their future. If you did it and it hurt, you'll either get better at it or you won't do that anymore. I think sometimes that's a good way for kids to learn.

#11 ·
i got lucky, i was part of the last generation to have gravel playgrounds, if you got in a fight, you had to stand on the wall at recess, they called your parents.

one of my teachers had a jar of mercury with a quarter floating on top of it, it was pretty cool, nobody made a huge deal of it.

now though, watch the fuck out, they act like this shit is fucking anthrax.

#13 ·
i love jarts. my gradma has a few sets up north at her house. we always tried to see who could throw them the highest and then forget we had to move out of the way. almost had a few close calls but you can bet it was fun. i might have to snag a set so they dont get lost.

#16 ·
I remember my first day of Kindergarten I found the one black kid and called him the N-word over and over. He was the first black person I had ever seen, and grandpa always called them that, I didn't even know it was bad.
We got in a fight, (he hit me, I cried, hit him back) we had to spend 5 minutes on the wall and that was it.

My nephew who is 8 was just suspended for a week for standing up to a bully. He is 8 (I dont know what grade) and complained to my sister about being bullied for weeks. My sister called the school, blah blah blah. Finally after a few weeks, he came home with bruises from the kid giving him purple nurples. My sisters boyfriend taught him how to throw a solid punch, and the next day at school, Kaid and a couple of his friends lit up the bully, and they all got suspended for a week. What fucking bullshit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.