Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

edge programmer

6K views 60 replies 27 participants last post by  dline 
#1 ·
#8 ·
I thought you said it already had a programer, intake and exhaust and was faaaaaaaaaasssst? :confused:

#12 · (Edited)
Why in the world would you want or need to go that fast in a pickup WTF .
Have you even driven over 100 for more than 45 seconds? It is completely unnecessary and its asshats like you that kill families when they lose control of their 4x4 going around a curve at 90 mph. On another note your headlights aren't powerful enough for speeds over 100. If you want fast go buy a sports car or a crotch rocket then you will know what fast is.
~end rant~

#18 ·
I didn't say anything about myself I know that I am stupid but I sure as hell don't see the need to drive over 80 miles per hour on public streets.

Yes I drank and drove yes I was arrested for it I DO NOT condone it it was a mistake and I will pay the price for it. I accept full responsibility for my actions and if I had killed someone or injured some I would not be with us anylonger because I wouldn't be able to live with the pain of taking away some innocent persons life.

#15 ·
vwBOY,

Listen to me very close here:

That speed limiter is there to keep the driveshaft from coming off of the truck. You go any faster, you run the risk of detonating your driveshaft at 105+ mph. If that happened, I truly believe you would die.

Please don't modify the speed limiter.

#22 ·
my buddy has the edge in his and it made a noticible diffrence. better gas mileage. they have 2 diffrent ones, one does not have the speed limiter. the tranny shifting you can set on this chip also. worth the money.

#23 ·
My Superchips does the following: shift point change/shift pressure change (for each gear) speedo/gear/tire size correct, speed limit change, 87oct.mode,tow perf, and performance 91+oct. and you can fine tune all of these to you're little heart's desire. 87 oct mode with all superchips preconfigured settings (yeah, you can do that one too) gives a noticible mileage increase.

#25 ·
Ok... I HAVE the Edge on Mine... The Limiter is Set at 135. I've had it at 135 steady blowing stangs and Vette's on the E-way plenty of times. the truck dont over heat, RPMs are Not Bad and there is no Vibration.. For everyone on here that thinks your going to Kill yourself with modifying this and doing it dont really know whats going on, and have never been Over-seas... ALL Cars and Truck and Toned way down from what the motor is Capable of. they do this thanks to Government Regulations and Yad Yad. (why do you thing stock motors Take NOS , programmers etc,. . ) If something is dont right and not half assed your Plenty Fine! Granted i wouldn't be running your truck over 100+mph all the time not to great on stock gears and the average truck does not come with a tire rated at those speeds. . But The Edge is well worth the money. .

input Gear ratios, Gas to Air , Rev Limiter, Speed Limiter, Shift Points, Spark and Yad Yad Yad... Worth the Money!! i Love Mine!

Not Trying to be a Smart ass.. but they sell the same Truck over-seas and there pushing 100+++ everyday. . (Built Ford Tough) :)

#26 ·
For everyone on here that thinks your going to Kill yourself with modifying this and doing it dont really know whats going on, and have never been Over-seas
I think everyone is just trying to warn him that it is not a good idea. Nobody said the motor won't take it over 100, only that there are plenty of other things on the truck that are not designed for those speeds. American cars are detuned for lots of reasons. Insurance, reliability, and safety to name a few. And this truck was bought used correct? I wouldn't be too eager to push a truck that I don't know anything about to 100+ mph. I'm all for getting more power out of a truck, but I'm not sure racing mustangs at 135 mph on public roads is a reasonable thing to do.

#32 ·
Just for everyones information The "main" reason for the speed limiter on any vehicle is tire rating. There maybe be some other dumbass reason like the ranger driveshaft issue, but that was to cover up a piss poor engineering flaw that was resolved at a later date.

Tweak that bitch tell it breaks! Speaking of tweak - look at the twEEcer programmer.

#33 ·
The Limiter is Set at 135. I've had it at 135 steady blowing stangs and Vette's on the E-way plenty of times

uhhhh yeah, cuz they were not racing you, and they were trying to avoid your big dumbass so that when you wrecked you didn't collect them in the process.

Capable of going that fast, YES
A Realistic good idea? Not in a big dumb mud truck.

Have others here done similar stupid human tricks? Yes
Should they be warning others not to do it on public roads? Yes

Learn from others mistakes or experiences.

VW I made you a cookie for your extremely entertaining post, but I eated it.

#53 ·
If you have to somehow bring money into the discussion to make yourself feel better, go right ahead. I can do that easily enough, also.

I don't care what the car (that you don't own) cost someone else. What the vehicles cost that I own (or the cost of any vehicle in this thread for that matter), is of no concern to anyone and completely meaningless to the topic at hand. I also don't care what the cars cost that you own either, which is why I never asked you what you paid for your used WJ when I came to collect the money you owed me for 4 weeks. You remember that one, right? The axle you never asked me if I would even pick up, transport, or front you money for before you told Dumperdave to go ahead and drive over an hour with it to where I was meeting him for a completely unrelated deal? The one you didn't even call me to offer payment for after 4 weeks? The one I had to stop by unannounced to collect for?

My point (that you missed) is that you are degrading someone publically for speeding in a vehicle that is allegedly not designed to perform as such for a variety of different reasons, to include it being equipped with a speed limiter. However, you yourself own an old XJ with a unibody that was never designed to handle the forces exerted on it by the GNX motor its equipped with (especially over time considering metal fatigue factors), and not equipped with hardware (appropriately rated tires, brakes, etc) to handle the speeds it can reach. Furthermore, I distinctly recall threads where you made posts bragging about how fast it was it after you first got it - when it was still running. The fact that it does not currently run does not help you.

Not only are you slamming on someone who wishes to make a modification to a vehicle will allow it to perform beyond the manufacturer's intent (WTF? That's exactly what most of us do to our wheeling rigs) when you yourself own more than one that is far past stock, but you're also ripping on speeding in a vehicle that was not intended to attain such velocities. Just how fast do you think your XJ was intended to travel with its original equipment GM 2.8 V6?

#57 ·
If you have to somehow bring money into the discussion to make yourself feel better, go right ahead. I can do that easily enough, also. Well, seeing as you thought I was in my xj, I thought I would make it clear that the vehicle I was driving is designed to greatly exceed the speeds of posted speed limits in this country

I don't care what the car (that you don't own) cost someone else. What the vehicles cost that I own (or the cost of any vehicle in this thread for that matter), is of no concern to anyone and completely meaningless to the topic at hand. I also don't care what the cars cost that you own either, which is why I never asked you what you paid for your used WJ when I came to collect the money you owed me for 4 weeks. You remember that one, right? The axle you never asked me if I would even pick up, transport, or front you money for before you told Dumperdave to go ahead and drive over an hour with it to where I was meeting him for a completely unrelated deal? The one you didn't even call me to offer payment for after 4 weeks? The one I had to stop by unannounced to collect for?

lol, you vanished for longer then 4 weeks, and I forgot about the axle. A simple phone call and I could have met ya :thumb: After all, the axle was 50 bucks. And if you check your pm's and emails, I'm sure you will find that I tried to contact you more then once over that time period, and you could have at least responded.

My point (that you missed) is that you are degrading someone publically for speeding in a vehicle that is allegedly not designed to perform as such for a variety of different reasons, to include it being equipped with a speed limiter. However, you yourself own an old XJ with a unibody that was never designed to handle the forces exerted on it by the GNX motor its equipped with (especially over time considering metal fatigue factors), and not equipped with hardware (appropriately rated tires, brakes, etc) to handle the speeds it can reach. Furthermore, I distinctly recall threads where you made posts bragging about how fast it was it after you first got it - when it was still running. The fact that it does not currently run does not help you.

lols. My xj never went over 60mph. It did however hit 60 really fast

Not only are you slamming on someone who wishes to make a modification to a vehicle will allow it to perform beyond the manufacturer's intent (WTF? That's exactly what most of us do to our wheeling rigs) when you yourself own more than one that is far past stock, but you're also ripping on speeding in a vehicle that was not intended to attain such velocities. Just how fast do you think your XJ was intended to travel with its original equipment GM 2.8 V6?

:tonka: I think you're missing some information there. If you would have looked under the vehicle, you would have noticed its not a stock drivetrain with a turbo engine tossed in there.
:)

#55 ·
i mean speed is one of the things that i like about it but it also has settings for towing plus it improves gas mileage and it gives you more horsepower and it tunes down the traction control

#58 ·
I never at any time said you were in your XJ. I said this reminded me of it for the reasons I have already stated.

You never contacted me regarding that axle by phone, PM, email, or in person. The dollar amount is irrelevant, but I'm not surprised you are focusing on that given your current fixation on money. Keeping you informed of my whereabouts or activities is not a requirement. As people posted looking for/asking about me, you repeatedly stated that you didn't care. In fact, you didn't care so much that you even felt obligated to create a Sightings thread simply because I posted recently in the Harley thread.

I'm not missing any information. I think you forgot that I've seen the drivetrain in person. You and I discussed axle options for that vehicle when you were talking about drag racing Haggar since the stock axles and brakes that are under it wouldn't survive something like that if the motor was straightened out.

You're the pot and VWBoy is the kettle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.