Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1990 ranger 4.0 0 psi fuel pressure

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  chris1044 
#1 ·
hey i have a 1990 ranger that recently me and cheapthrillsb2 swapped in a 4.0 out of a 91 ex and we had a problem with no fire. well the bug is back and now it will run off of ether without a problem. i replaced the relay and its not clicking when i turn the key. with the key on i have no check engine light. when i normally turn the key on i have a check engine light, anit lock, and battery light on before it starts. the truck was idling fine when i was leaving work today and then all of a sudden it just died. no studder, nothing just shut off. we narrowed it to fuel but my pump isn't turning on and im wondering if that went bad that fast without warning or if it was something to do with teh 5 gallons of 110 octane i ran with 15 gal of 89. im lost on what i should look for. i dont think the pump is getting power. but the relay has power to it. so any ideas would be greatly appreciated im completely stumpped.

#3 ·
there should be a schrader valve on the fuel rail... you can check pressure there. IIRC it should have 40 psi.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.