Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

A good example of why we must work together...

22K views 139 replies 67 participants last post by  Nuggets 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I am Hijacking this thread!

If only to show you folks what we are turning into. we as a major player in the ORV community have a duty to show people the way to do thing right. we do not however have a law degree or omnipotant powers over our fellow wheelers.
I would hope everyone who has posted in this thread be aware of themselves as we all should be. I expect that in the future people posting pic os themselves include the fact that they were legal and that no laws other then they had fun were broken. I do not care if the pics in this thread are this kid bogging the White house lawn. as long its legal I don't want to see the likes of this boondoggle again. Thank you and if you really want to change things for the better try showing up at a ORV Advisory board meeting and see what you can really change.
Yetti

Just a little fall wheeling a couple of weeks ago.

Just turn the volumn down. My wife thought that the music (Save me from myself) was apporpriate.

See less See more
#91 ·
honestly who cares if its illegal or not. For those of you making a huge deal out of breaking the law, sit and realize some point in your life you have broken the law too. In my opinion and 90% of others that's f'n sweet and a sweet ass rig. You only live once midas well do everything you want, even if it includes swimming with your jeep. sweet vid dude.

#94 ·
its funny that so many people jump on the bandwagon when when its ASSUMED that someone is doing things illegal rather ask with dignity where and when someone had done thier bit of wheeling. Also I would like to add the fact that I dug a pair of holes. they filled with water. they are fun to play in. the Guy from DEQ himself said they are man made farm ponds and I could do as I liked with them. even 4x4 threw them. so with that said I would ask my fellow wheelers to shut the fuck up and get your facts before you open your mouths. I am sure to flamed, but I am sick of the finger pointing. and as for the DNR and what any CO would say, they have better shit to do like catching illegal deer baiters and guys with 3 too many fish on the ice.

#111 ·
I agree. I don't understand why everyone assumes that just because something looks like it might be illegal in Michigan that it definitely was illegal where it took place.

#130 · (Edited)
weird, I thought I was looking at a farmer's kid that built up a neat jeep-thing and decided to go drive through his own privately owned, man-made, irrigation channels (of course the farmland has gone fallow as corn is the only crop making money this year, and winter is onset anyway)...

given that I've seen dinosaurs walk on TV thanks to Steven Spielberg, and we all know the moon landing was shot in arizona why the hell are you lil girls still pissing and moaning about this for 7+ pages?

?

oh, and show me a professional environmentalist that is willing to make a professional wetland determination based off of a youtube video. please.

the one I work with won't even capture the delineation boundaries with a GPS unit, instead he stakes it in the field, makes a rough paper sketch which goes in a freaking file drawer...

never mind that if he were to go out in as little as 5 years later, by his own admission the vegetation and soil types at the boundary of his own delineations could very well lead him to a different conclusion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.