Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Rok-fest '08

3K views 42 replies 18 participants last post by  CreativeFab 
#1 ·
I don't know if all of you were aware but for the last few years I have been hosting Rok-Fest. It's a go up north and boat/wheel weekend held at my parents cabin on the water near indian River where we wheel hosejockey and mines rock course, some local trails and then run the Inland Waterway. Unfortunately we will not be able to hose Rok-Fest '08. Dad Lost his job and times got tough so he has sold the cabin. Which worked out for him because now he retired.

Those in past attendance I apologize and wanted disspell any possible rumors.

Stan or CC maybe you guys could host for us this year?

#3 ·
I will host this.

Only if it is stickied for 2 months...

stay tuned for upcoming news regarding the 09 Pig-Rok-Gig I will be hosting. I will dispell any rumors once they are created.

#5 ·
Sounds like we might have a winner Bones, I have always wanted to boat Lake Huron in the Alpena area. How are the trails?

I will PM you and maybe we can coordinate to keep this event alive?

Last year we had 20-25 Boats and probably 30-40 jeeps. No pig gig by any means, but most jeepers didnt have boats and most boaters didnt have jeeps, so we ended up introducing a lot of people to the other sports and now nearly half have became dual sport enthusiasts.

It's a lot of fun!

#9 · (Edited)
How are the trails?
Pretty flat and gravely, but after a power hour or 2 and blindfold, they get pretty interesting.

I have already recieved a few PMs regarding family events, so I will address them before rumors reach CNN. Alpena is a very family orriented conservative community, however the property will be covered in brass polls and talent from Dearborn's best kept secret, so please keep your children and any curious dogs off of the property.

#22 ·
yes it will, I have already discovered some good locations, and have about 10 boat guys in. Looks like we have about 10 jeep guys in as well.

Not sure if I will take jeep or boat.

The plan this year is to do a Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Wheel the day with the worst weather, boat the day with the best, and then Sunday do whatever and head home.

trying to keep the numbers pretty even so we can have a boat guy ride with jeep guy one day and vice versa the next.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.