Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

E Cig/Vapor people. WTF is what?

45K views 420 replies 67 participants last post by  jbsjunk 
#1 ·
have a few friends that have quit smoking normal cigarettes by using one form of e cig or another and i'm also thinking of trying it myself.
i'v tried the chantix four or five times and although it works very well and the dreams are awesome beyond belief, it makes me very mean and angry after about a month of using it. it also causes a great amount of sleep loss.
i've tried the cold turkey thing more times than i can count so the just quit comments mean nothing to me.

what i'm looking for is opinions, suggestions and explanations on what is what. i've been doing some research on this and the price range is all over the place and the options are endless.

i don't want to sink $40 into a "starter kit" and decide to upgrade to a $200 unit shortly after. i want a high quality unit with dependability that is user friendly. i like the idea of being able to adjust the voltage and being able to refill the container without buying "cartridges"

opening this up for discussion on WTF is in the "juice" that is being vaporized VS a normal cigarette too.

fire away!

See less See more
#252 ·
Yep. They sell them at Lakeshore Vapor. I talked to Kerry this afternoon. They currently sell wicks in big amounts (10ish feet) for .75 cents. They also sell the wire, but in very small lengths. She is looking into selling it by the roll (they sell online 100foot@6.00) and carrying that. Stay tuned! :D

Edit: It looks super easy. This is the video that motivated me. Keep in mind, they have switched to the new style T3s, so the center section comes out, and you don't have to work in the small area that the guy in this video does.

#255 · (Edited)
Yep. They sell them at Lakeshore Vapor. I talked to Kerry this afternoon. They currently sell wicks in big amounts (10ish feet) for .75 cents. They also sell the wire, but in very small lengths. She is looking into selling it by the roll (they sell online 100foot@6.00) and carrying that. Stay tuned! :D

Edit: It looks super easy. This is the video that motivated me. Keep in mind, they have switched to the new style T3s, so the center section comes out, and you don't have to work in the small area that the guy in this video does.
found some nichrome wire, under $5 shipped for 100' of 32 AWG. (made in USA)

http://www.temcoindustrialpower.com/products/Resistance_Wire/RW0028.html#

after watching that video, i'm going to start making my own wicks too. Thanks! :thumb:

#253 · (Edited)
Ok, so I got my kit from vaporgirl today but, not the liquid. Local tobacco shop stocks a limited supply so I am good there. Nice to know they will carry some for when I'm in w pinch. My question is where is the best place to get atomizers/tanks. I am hoping to have some spares around and a couple different flavors on hand as well. I'm not sure what to even look for. Thank you in advance. By the way, going on 6 hours without a cigarrete, May not seem like much but so far so good.

#260 ·
Sorry, I wasn't more specific. I am trying to figure out what tank and atomizers I need for my batteries. There are so many different threads and styles I just want to make sure I order the right ones. I am assuming anything that is eGo would work but, I just wanted to make sure.

#265 ·
So my tanks are already leaking on the starter kit I got. They are leaking into the atomizer and there is liquid in between the battery and tank. I just ordered a couple Vision Vivi Nova V2 tanks so hopefully they are better. So far so good though. I have not had a cigarette since 3:00 Saturday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.