Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Running rough seems to be starving for fuel?

3K views 40 replies 8 participants last post by  montecarlo33 
#1 ·
I have a 92 gmc with a 350 tbi. Been running great but the other day went to start it and it barely started. After it warmed up seemed ok. Thought maybe I got some bad gas because I stopped at a station I usually don't go to. Put water remover in the gas, no difference, changed the fuel filter, no difference, still after starting it runs horrible til it warmed up.

Today I put wires, cap and rotor, still no difference. Now it will idle but as soon as I try to rev it up it wants to die.

I bought a fuel pump hoping maybe mine is on its way out and I'm going to put it in tomorrow, if that doesn't do it does anyone else have any ideas what it could be?? Any other time I've ever had a pump go it just goes bad and that's it so I'm doubting that's my problem. Any help would be appreciated!

#28 ·
Ok I have a code 15 an 43. 15 is low temp indicated at engine coolant temp sensor. I just put a new sensor in it so I don't understand why that's happening.

43 is low voltage at electronic spark timing circuit.
How do I go about fixing that?

#35 ·
Probably instant there too. One thing you could try is reset your computer. Disconnect the negative on your battery for a few minutes and then reconnect it. This will clear all learned data from you computer, including codes, and let it "learn" your engine parameters fresh. This will probably fix the low temp code, but not the voltage.

#40 ·
I just bought a 94 k1500 with a 350 tbi for cheap and its doing the same thing, only mine will only blink out code 22 which is low voltage to tps. However tps is brand new. I will be working with mine to try and figure something out, I will be testing the egr system tonight along with the intake gasket with carb clean.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.